Chapter • 2

I had awoken after what seemed like forever, laying on the beach staring up at the bright moon. I had no clue of what was going on. I lay there motionless trying to figure out what had just happened. When I finally decided to get up, I noticed that I was still wore the same creamy lace dress that I had when that horrifying nightmare had occurred. I searched my hands for any injuries and then realized how pale my skin was. I glanced down at my feet and saw to my disbelief that I was transparent. I looked closely and saw white beach sand from underneath my feet showing through my pale skin.
I was terrified.
I slowly reached up my dead looking left hand and placed two fingers underneath my jaw on the side of my neck.
I waited a couple seconds but felt nothing but cold rough skin.
I wanted to scream.
I wanted to cry.
But no matter how hard I tried not a single tear left my eyes.
I fell forward and my palms hit the ground, my knees dug deep into cold wet sand.
I stared at the ground confused at what was happening, I then got up and steadied myself. I turned around and began to run. My feet kicked up sand as I stumbled across the beach determined to escape this awful nightmare.
I had begun to slow down when I reached a road, forcing myself to think about all that had happened. I wandered down the streets of a town, passing by shops and restaurants. since it was dark out, it was a complete ghost town. As I walked along the road i thought of the horrendous scene and the man I had cared about so much.
What happened to me? Why don't I remember anything from my life? I came to the conclusion that I was dead, a ghost and that my life was over. I told myself that I was just supposed to stay like this everyday, wandering around watching people around me grow old and experience life the way I never did.

For the next couple of weeks, everyday was the same. I wandered through the town begging for people to notice me. I begged for them to see me, to hear me, or maybe even feel me when I brushed past them on the sidewalks. Every night when midnight came around, I experience the nightmare of my death and once again wake up in the morning on the same beach. Day after day.

So here I am. Charlotte. A dead girl wandering the town near the dreaded ocean where I drowned. No memories of my past, nobody to keep me company. Just a lonely ghost girl spending her afterlife in a nightmare.