Lucien ~Fishing Date~

Sitting on my couch, I look down at the picnic bag before me. A smile escapes my lips. Then I look up and stare at the Calendar that's hanging on my wall.

Finally Friday...

On Wednesday I got a sudden text from Lucien.

Lucien: "I didn't see your lights on from your room. Are you working late?"

Me: "I have to work Overtime tonight. But I am almost done for the night."

Lucien: "I see... I was wondering... Would you be free on Friday? I want to go fishing and I'll love it if you will accompany me."

Me: ~Looks at my calendar next to my Desktop and see that Friday is marked as Overtime~ Yes... Where are you planning to go fishing?"

Lucien: "There's a small lake just an hour away from Loveland. I heard that if your lucky, you will catch a lot of different types of fish."

Me: "That'll be great! I can just imagine all the different types of dishes we could make with what we catch!"

Lucien: "Silly little glutton Girl. Always thinking about food."

Me: "A-Anyways! Where should we meet up?"

Lucien: "Just wait for me in your apartment. I'll pick you up after I gather all the necessary things. It'll be around.. 8 in the morning. Is that okay?"

Me: "Yes of course! I can't wait!"

Lucien: "See you soon. And be careful on your way home."

I couldn't bring myself to tell Lucien that I was going to be busy that day.

I honestly wanted to see Lucien more than anything

Getting texts and calls from him wasn't enough to fill the gap on my heart from missing him. So after we finished texting each other I ended up working more hours than I was going to do. And to be sure that I'll be able to make it to the due date. I'll add extra hours on Thursday as well to be able to finish everything in time.

 I put my alarm extra early to make some Lunch for me and Lucien. Even though I still wanted to continue sleeping some more. I quickly shook my head trying to make my sleepiness go away.

There's no time to sleep! Time to get to work!

Even though I was still sleepy I forced myself to think long and hard about what to make .. I couldn't do anything fancy since we would be under the sun all day long. The food would spoil very fast ... so after pondering what to do I ended up deciding to make sandwiches.

I put a couple of Ice packs to keep them nice and cool. Maybe I could have done the same with whatever else I decided to cook but It wouldn't be the same. Satisfied I opened up the picnic bag and doubled checked to make sure I didn't forget anything. After I checked and doubled checked, I grabbed my small backpack and made sure I had the other things I needed as well. Like sunblock... battery bank... my coin purse just in case and other small things that I wouldn't feel right if I didn't bring them along with me.

As I put my bag to my side I hear soft knocking coming from my door. "Coming!" I quickly grab my things not wanting to keep Lucien waiting and hurried to open the door.

A smile crossed his lips the moment he saw me completely ready to go. I must have looked childish with how enthusiastic I looked. Then his eyes stayed locked on my picnic bag. "I thought it'll be a good idea to make us some lunch in case we get hungry while you fish." Lucien smiled warmly and patted my head gently as if rewarding me. "Here, let me help." Not waiting for my reply Lucien took my Picnic bag. "Thanks..."

After making sure that I locked my door we headed towards the elevator ready to start our small adventure.

Lucien ended up bringing his car this time of course. It'll be very awkward if we got into a bus with fishing equipment and everything. I wouldn't want to imagine everyone looking at us weird.

As Lucien was driving I was engaged in the pretty scenery passing by the window. Looking at it made my eyes get heavy. That without me realizing it I ended up falling asleep throughout the whole drive.

I felt a warm soft hand gently moving me and that's when I realized I had fallen asleep. "Lucien! I'm sorry I dozed off.." I said not been able to make eye contact with him. He just chuckled. "No need to apologize. You have been working hard and your body is just being honest. Besides we just got here, you haven't missed anything." Lucien seems to always know what I want to hear and I couldn't help but smile.

Lucien found the perfect spot to set up our things. It was far away from other people who were fishing and the place was just... perfect. The breeze seemed to be coming from everywhere, helping us not feel hot at all. The shade wasn't in our direction yet but Lucien had brought two big umbrellas to cover us from the harsh rays of the sun for the meantime.

Watching Lucien put some bait into his hook made me frown a little. "Please be careful not to poke yourself.." Lucien chuckled softly. "I'll be careful." After he finished he offered the fishing pole to me. "Want to be the first one to do it?" Nervously I took the fishing pole into my hand, it was much lighter than I thought it'll be and grasped it. "I've never done this before..." I softly said and Lucien took the hint.

He stood behind me and slid his hands to mine and showed me how to grab it and what motion I had to do to send the hook flying to the lake. I tried to pay attention but I was so aware of how close Lucien was behind me and how warm his hands were that I couldn't concentrate.

After forgetting to relax and loosen my grip to send the hook flying I finally managed after my third try. "I did it Lucien!" I exclaimed happily. Lucien patted my head as if he was very proud of me. "Yes you did. Now we wait."

And we did.. we waited.. an hour passed, then two. But there was no nibble. Lucien would check a certain time to see if the bait was still there and it was. "Maybe the fish decided to go swimming somewhere else today?" Lucien turned to look at me. "Maybe today wasn't our lucky day. But I don't mind at all. I get to spend time with you, which is what matters most to me."

I felt my cheeks go warm after hearing that and they went extra warm when a growl interrupted us. Lucien laughed "Why don't we have some lunch now?" I nodded not been able to say anything with how embarrassed I felt.

I gave Lucien his share and I took mine. Making sure to give him something to drink as well. "I hope you like them... they're nothing fancy. But I hope it's to your taste."

Lucien took a bite and I stared at him for any hint of dislike. "It's delicious. And so fresh. I love it." Lucien said before he took another bite. "I'm glad to hear that. If you want any more, I made some extras!" Lucien nodded and we continued eating trough small conversations and enjoying the wonderful scenery right in front of us.

"This place.. is so peaceful. The singing of the birds.. the beautiful lake. Nature itself is so breathtaking." I turned to look at Lucien just to catch him looking at me. But I didn't look away... not this time. I reached to touch Lucien's cheek and continued looking at him. A hint of surprise crossed Lucien's eyes.

"I... missed you Lucien... Not getting to spend time with you made me miss you a lot." After hearing my words he didn't say anything. I didn't know how to handle Luciens silence.

Was it wrong to just up and say it?...

Not knowing what his silence meant I slowly started to pull my hand away when suddenly Lucien grabbed my wrist and yanked me hard to him. Making me stumble from my chair and fall into his arms. "You silly girl. Saying things like that out of nowhere."

He didn't say anything for a while and instead embraced me tightly. I didn't move at all not even an inch. Because I was afraid that if I did he'll pull away. Lucien loosened his embrace but didn't pull away. Not before kissing me gently in my forehead.

"I missed you to.. more than you could ever imagine."

And after that we continued enjoying our time together. That day we didn't end up catching any fish.

But Lucien ended up catching a big piece of my heart.