001

italics - thoughts

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

AALIYAH'S POV
i woke up in a good mood this morning. i'm not a morning person so that's not something that usually happens. i got out of my bed when we were called for breakfast. mmh food. i walked down the stairs to the dining room and sat down beside my friend amiya. she came to the home a year after i did, at first she wouldn't talk to anybody but one day i asked her if she wanted to play dress up with me and we've been inseparable since.
i looked over at her and smiled "goodmorning miya" she looked at me with a shocked face "you? smiling in the morning? am i dreaming?" i rolled my eyes at her laughed lightly "i asked myself the same thing." she laughed too "what's gotten into you today?" i shrugged while taking a bite of my french toast stick "i just feel... i don't know, happy i guess" she nodded and started eating her food. every morning we have the most delicious breakfast. ms.kelly, the "mom" of the home always says "a good breakfast to start your day out right ? i think so!" anyways, after we eat we usually have to get ready and start doing our school work. while we are working ms.kelly is busy in her office making phone calls or having interviews with future parents. i haven't been taken in before but a lot of my friends have. the other day i heard ms.kelly on the phone with someone talking about amiya. i really hope she gets adopted by nice people.

after i finished eating i thanked ms.kelly and went to get in the shower. when i got out i saw amiya walk in the bathroom with her towel. i smiled at her and walked to the closet and got dressed. i shared a room with amiya and a girl named cassidy. she doesn't really talk but when she does it's either sarcastic or very serious.
your outfit:

when i finished getting dressed i went back in the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face

when i finished getting dressed i went back in the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. after i finished that i put my hair in a bun the went to the den where we do our schoolwork. now this might seem like torture but in this home we don't have phones except for the one in ms.kellys office and her home phone, we only have one tv and it's in the living room, the only channels it has are boring but the simpson's airs on channel 7 so no biggie, and lastly there are 7 computers in the den. all of them are for school work and for school work only. everyone has to do at least 4 hours of school each day. i pulled out a chair that sat in front of one of the computers. i signed in and went to see what assignments i had to do. math was the first thing i saw so i clicked it and reached in the bin on top of the table for a piece of paper and a pencil. as i was writing my name i hear a bell indicating there was someone come through the lobby. i wonder whos getting adopted today.

as i was half way through my english assignment, which i started ten minutes ago, i heard ms.kelly call amiya over the intercom. i looked over to where she was now standing and mouthed 'good luck'. she smiled back and started walking up the stairs to the lobby. (the den is like the basement, the lobby, living room, dinning room, and kitchen are on the main floor, and the 2nd floor is the girls and ms.kelly's rooms.) i went back to focusing on my school work. after 20 minutes had passed and i didn't see amiya come back down, i knew she had gotten adopted. i smiled glad that my best friend had finally gotten out of here but, apart of me was also sad because she was like a sister to me.

when i finished all my work i logged out and pushed my chair in. i went to the little refrigerator that was in the den and grabbed a water bottle and an apple sauce. i got a plastic spoon from the box on top of the counter and sat at the glass table that was placed in the middle of the room. as i was eating my apple sauce i was thinking about when i would get out of the home as well and if i would see amiya again. i sighed, and continued to eat my apple sauce. when i went to throw away my trash i heard the bell again and something sparked inside me. i don't know why but it happened. i shook it off and took my water and went back up to my room. i grabbed a book from the shelf and sat on my bed reading. after 30 minutes of reading "the hobbit" i heard ms.kelly's voice come over the intercom again but, this time she said my name....

oop, is aaliyah about to
get adopted? stay
tuned to find out😗.
i hope you have a very
good day/night and
may god bless your every step!
xoxo <3