Chapter Seven: A Friendly Lunch

Start from the beginning

They make a small polite conversation, saying they slept well and what they would be doing today. Harry and Hermione were going to explore the ground and Severus was going to be in his lab. He mentioned he had to show them something before they disappear but after breakfast. They ate in mostly silence, but the duo occasionally talked. After breakfast, the elves cleaned up, and Severus leads the twosome to the new and finished playroom. They looked around in awe and said thank you to him and the elves.

The walls where Hogwarts colours but lighter shades. One for each colour: the blue walls had two small tree looking bookcases both full of books both muggle and magical with two light grey armchairs. The yellow section had a piano, a guitar, a violin, a painting stand and a table with muggle paper, pens and pencils. The red section had a muggle table football game, a pool table, wizarding chess, there was also some other games in their boxes on a shelf like Monopoly, snakes and ladders, frustration and a few other muggles and wizard games, ranging from kids to teenagers. The green section had a large window allowing the slight summers sun through and a large, light grey, 6-seater couch against it with another two grey armchairs across from them. There was a coffee table that sat in the middle. The floor was laid with a dark wood but there was rugs in the colour of the walls. The room was nice and cosy. It was a mix of kids and teenagers. Hermione started to walk over to one of the single doors and opened it. Inside was a toilet and sink. The walls were off white with dark grey floor tiles. The other door had a bunk-bed in with white sheets and it looked like another bed could come out. "Sir, why are there beds in here?" Harry asks, slightly confused, and Hermione matched his expression.

"It's in case you get tired while playing and/or if friends are over and you want to rest/walk away for a few moments. Also, if you have sleepovers, it will come in handy." Severus says with a straight face, and the twosome wondered if he was being serious. This made them sound younger. Severus saw their looks and added. "It's a pureblood thing. You will come across it while you learn." They nod understanding. "Right, I will be in my lab. Don't break anything." Severus says and walks out of the playroom. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry turned to Hermione. "What do you want to do?" Hermione just shrugged and closed the 'nap area's' door. 

"What would you recommend, you have been here longer." She replied, and Harry immediately lights up with a smile. Hermione saw his grin and knew she wouldn't like his recommendation. "The grounds around here is amazing, it rivals Hogwarts'. You'll love it. The view is better from the air, and we will cover more ground." Harry says, and when he sees Hermione's not so sure look, he adds. "Please it will be fun. I promise we will stick to a height your comfortable with." Hermione's expression didn't change, so he decides to play with logic, her logic. "Don't you say to conquer a fear, you have to live it?" She huff and gives a nod. He grabs her hand and drags her up to his room before she can change her mind. He grabs his firebolt and grabs Hermione's hand again, dragging her to the patio. Hermione went along with it, quietly laughing at his enthusiasm. She gasped when she saw the pond and surrounding nature. "Oh Harry, this is beautiful." She says once Harry let go of her hand. Harry climbed onto his broom and gestured for Hermione to get on behind him. Hermione wrapped her arms around his waist, just like when they rode Buckbeak. 

Harry lifted off, slowly and Hermione's immediately tightened her grip slightly. As they rose, Hermione hid her face into Harry's shoulder blades and he let her, knowing she will look up once the broom stops rising. True to that, Hermione lifted her head once they were the height of the second floor. She gasped at the view and Harry smiled at her shock. "I know its amazing, I can't believe Snape lives in a house this big, surly teachers' wages aren't that big?" Hermione just shrugged at him, not knowing the answer. Harry circled the house first, as slow as the broom allowed to Hermione use to flying. He then gradually sped up, not to the brooms full potential but fast enough, and moved further from the house. Harry didn't come out this far when he flew on his own, so he had the same awe expression as Hermione. The manor's grounds were really beautiful, the ground had lush green grass with wildflowers carpeting the land giving it more colour. There was also a crystal stream were going through the property.