Chapter 22- Prison World Blues (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"What is it?" Bonnie questions curiously and the other two pay attention as well.

"With the Otherside disintegrating and sending everyone remaining that couldn't find peace to Hell, people who knew they couldn't, found a different way. To save Klaus' baby, who everyone believes is dead now and so will you when we arrive until I say different," Jessica quickly compels before continuing. "We had to kill two Harvest girls and Genevieve, who was alive in the place of the final Harvest girl. As a result, three souls could take their places so Esther brought back Kol and Finn, placing them in bodies of witches while she took over the body of the last Harvest girl. Carter's task was to kill Esther and convert the other two if possible but she had a relationship with Esther when she was falling in love with Nik so nature allowed her a chance to convert Esther."

"Yeah, cause that'll happen," Damon scoffs and I grin.

"That's what I'm counting on, because if she fails then I get to kill Esther after we merge back. But for now, I'm just Jessica Gilbert who fell in love with Damon and Nik and only cares deeply about Caroline and slightly more for Elena, Jer, and Bonnie because I don't have the loyalty or familiarity of love that was attached to Carter," I explain, making Bonnie look at me confused.

"What does that mean?"

"It means that she'll take Damon with her when she leaves but we are expendable to her," Kai answers. "Isn't that right?"

I shrug. "Basically, but don't worry, I might not feel the need to bring you but I know that if the other half of me was here I would so I intend to do so," I clarify before telling them about Kai. "Little warning, Kai here can siphon, meaning that he can take magic from someone, it's the only way he can generate magic until the merge. That's sort of why he was locked up here. This means to be careful because if he takes all your magic Damon, it'll kill you and I don't know what will happen to Bonnie but you probably won't die, although getting Siphoned hurts so I wouldn't recommend it." I turn to Kai and sigh. "I'm going to let you out but if you piss me off, I will kill you again."

I walk over to untie him but Damon stops me. "What about you, what if he siphons you?"

I give him a look. "He can't," I easily answer.

"What do you mean I can't?" Kai demands as I cut the zip-ties off his wrists.

I hold out my wrist. "Give it a shot." He grabs my wrist and tries but nothing happens. "Told you, now we need more groceries since we are stuck here until Bon-Bon gets her magic back and I want to make sure that I get to keep all the grimoires I collected when we get back so I'm going to stay here. Kai, try and think of where that ascendant might be okay." With that, I head back to my room to spell the grimoires to appear in my dorm room at UNO.

_____

About an hour later, the trio comes back with Bonnie having her powers back and an angry Damon, who Kai attacked with vervain to kickstart Bonnie's magic. "Get over it, Damon," I scold before turning to Bonnie. "Let's hope it wasn't a fluke," I say, pulling out a map. "Do a locator spell, use Kai's blood. Since he's linked to the prison world, he's also linked to the key out." Bonnie does as told and the spell works, leading off the map.

"The spell's moving towards Virginia. That can't be right," Kai claims in a cocky voice while I just grin at him.

"Sure it can. In fact, I bet it's close," I say, moving towards him and slipping my hand into his inside jacket pocket, pulling it out. "Right here, where it's been since I staked you in the woods," I smirk, heading to the bar to pour some bourbon.

"You knew where it was?" Bonnie asked. "Why didn't you tell us?"

I shrug. "You'll need your magic in the real world, Bon. I also don't need you to get out of here and I could've found Kai at any point but I need us all to trust each other."