VIII

Loki and Present Peter now found themselves on a roof in the middle of the night, watching as memory Peter was frozen, swinging through 

the buildings as Spider-Man.

Before Loki could even ask if Peter knew what this memory was, a shudder went through Peter's body before he dropped to the ground, his skin as white as a ghost.

Loki held him as he gasped for air, knowing that they didn't have much time left and hoping that this was the last memory.

"Aunt May dies." Peter gasps, not even bothering to sugar coat it. He just wanted to get this over with as soon as possible.

The memory began, the god and the teen watching as Memory Peter landed on the roof. Peter took off his mask, sitting on the side of the roof and letting out a content sigh.

The calm he felt at that moment was quickly interrupted when he felt his spidey-senses start to go off. Instantly, Peter stood up, looking around for the cause that set them off; the sound of two cars crashing being the answer he was looking for.

Peter quickly put his mask on and swung into the direction, looking at the scene in front of him. There was a car completely smashed to bits, being t-boned by another car that wasn't nearly as damaged.

"Karen, call NYPD and tell them there was a car accident." Peter tells his A.I, not even needing her to respond to know she complied.

Peter could see a young girl stumble out of the not-so-damaged car, making him drop down so he could run to help her.

The girl saw Peter, technically Spider-Man, and quickly ran to him, practically tripping over her feet and falling in the process.

"H-Help! M-My Dad and Brother, they're-they're not waking up!" The girl shouts, Peter being quick to grab her arms so she wouldn't fall.

"It's okay, I'm here to help, but I need to be quick. I have to be gone before the police come." Peter tells the girl, getting a quick and understanding nod from her before she stepped out of Peter's way.

He wanted with his whole soul to help these people and stay to make sure they were all okay, but he was still a vigilante that hasn't signed the accords; the police were still required to arrest him as soon as they find him.

Peter quickly made it to the back of the car that the girl came from, seeing the young boy she was talking about. He was laying on the floor, nose, and forehead bleeding pretty bad. He obviously wasn't wearing a seatbelt, let alone sitting in a car seat like a boy his size should have been.

Peter gently took the small boy in his arms, being careful of his neck just in case there were injuries Peter didn't know about. He quickly walked over to where the girl was sitting, gently handing her younger brother to her.

"Make sure you dol his neck, like this." Peter explains to the girl, getting another nod as she did what she was told. "You're being very brave and very helpful, thank you so much." Peter tries to comfort, walking back to the not-so-damaged car.

He went to the front, knowing that getting the driver out was going to be harder. The front of the car was completely smashed in, plus Peter could hear sirens in the background meaning he didn't have much time left.

Peter looked at the man passed out at the wheel, seeing that his head was bleeding profusely. Peter took the handle of the door, using his strength to his advantage and ripping the door clean off.

Peter reaching into the car, unbuckling the man and catching a glimpse of what caused the accident. There was an opened whiskey bottle sitting in the cup holder and empty beer cans flooding the passenger's side.