CH8 Encountering MLs

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure you aren't mistaking who the little kid REALLY is here?" I retorted making a hand gesture comparing our heights. I am a little bit taller than her.

"WHY YOU LITTLE-?!?!"

"Little? Are you in any position to say that?"

She shouldn't have aroused my competitive spirit in the first place, heh.

Back to Third Person POV:

Althea was about to explode from anger, but quickly realized she was nearly an adult mentally, yet here she was arguing with a child. Not to mention she was also a duke's daughter. And technically a royal.

The steam above her head slowly dissipated, and the redhead just shot Lucius a glare.

It was a good thing nobody paid any attention to the two children in the corner.

Otherwise, our main character's dignity and reputation might have been at trampled on.

"Whatever, I'll grow taller than you one day! I'll send you an invitation to my house later! You better come!" she humphed and stormed away, afraid that if the poor boy remained in her sight any longer, she really would bite back.

The young swordsman chuckled at her bright red hair receding into the crowd of people, feeling amused at this overly-confident short girl with anger issues.

.

.

.

Alright, I think I've had enough for one night. First, a little boy points a sword at me, then some idiot murders my goldfish, I forget to give my gift to my Uncle, and then the same little boy from earlier DARES to have the AUDACITY to call me SHORT!

In a bad mood, Althea marched out to a sightseeing balcony to get some fresh air.

"*inhales* *exhales* I think I'll just stay out here until daddy calls me to leave..." the now relaxed Althea whispered to herself. She was leaning her head on her arm that was rested on the balcony.

She took this time to contemplate her circumstances now.

By now, she has encountered the third male lead, Lucius Azlare, and nothing has progressed between him and the heroine as they were supposed to. *sigh*

The first ML, the first prince of Mediocria, whose name is way too long to remember, should be ill right now, and therefore, he is not present at the banquet. He is supposed to first encounter Bella at the academy's orientation.

If that is so, where is the second male lead?

From what Althea could remember, the second male lead was a gifted mage, and he was supposed to arrive at the banquet right on time to save the heroine from a chandelier falling on top of her near the end of the celebration.

Wait...

"HOW COULD I FORGET SUCH AN IMPORTANT EVENT?!?!"

The duke's daughter scurried back on into the ballroom with her small but quick legs, darting her head around to find her stepsister before it was too late. If Lucius never paid attention to Bella, there was a large probability that the second ML might not either.

Bella was easy to find, mostly due to her *barf* hot pink, frilly little pageant dress.

Althea inwardly cringed as she immediately drew her sight up to the chandelier drifting far above the little girl's head. It was swaying unsteadily back and forth for a while now.

Her golden eyes nearly bore holes into the chandelier, she was focusing so intently on it.

Finally, the chain snapped.