CH8 Encountering MLs

Hehe... memes are life ^-^

Enjoy the Chapter :D))

.

.

.

Althea POV

I can't believe it. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. WHY IS THE THIRD ML TALKING TO ME???

In the novel, Lucius Azlare was a genius swordsman and later became the General of the Imperial Army. He grew up in an environment where his father was always too busy to make time for him and his mother, so his mother forced him to work hard and make her husband spend time with them. She basically wanted attention, and used her son by making Lucius train with a top instructor for  12 hours a day. Coupled with Lucius' genius, he quickly came to be known at the ripe age of 7.

The way he met the heroine, my sister, was at  Misce Academy. We'll go into more details later about the school. Anyway, while he met her at the academy, he first saw her at this very ball.

... And here, he felt the need to protect her when 'I', the villainous stepsister "accidentally" tripped her.

And, as this stupid interpretation of male love goes, he watches her from afar from time to time when they meet 'coincidentally', falling in love with her after watching her gentle and kind self encounter all kinds of situations.

But as you can see, I DIDN'T trip my sister today, so I guess that's why he isn't low key stalking Bella right now.

Should I have tripped her?

No... I would've basically dug my own grave in the future by doing that.

But.... I WANTED TO WATCH HER LOVE STORY!! And now that I really think about it, all the male leads only notice Bella whenever I bully her or if she is in danger...

"Um... Are you feeling unwell?" Lucius asked in a -feigning concern, more confused- manner.

I... now that I look at him more closely, he is REALLY CUTE <3

His eyes were deep blue and enchanting, while his short hair was dark brown and soft-looking. His facial features had yet to develop but one could definitely discern that he would grow up to be quite the lady-killer.

Wait... he could be my friend! Then he won't help kill me! And he can meet Bella! Perfect!

"...So I heard that you are a sword prodigy. I'm not bad, myself," I started.

I read in a book that the best way to make friends was to appeal to their interests. And as far as I know, the only thing we got in common is the sword.

"You flatter me. But I am quite skill- You can swordfight?!?!" Lucius adorably exclaimed.

"Mhm. I've been learning from my father. Hey, wanna come to my place sometime and duel?"

Lucius POV

Huh... is this girl bluffing?

I may be only 7 years old, but I am already renowned for being able to wield a sword better than the imperial general.

I stared at the large, expectant gold eyes of hers and... well, I caved.

It's not like it's the first time someone has challenged me to a duel. But I mean, this here is a short girl with a face, status, and stature looking like she had never picked up a sword in her life.

"Prepare to lose, little kid!" the strange noble girl named Althea declared with a confident smile on her angelic face, putting her right hand in a thumbs-down position.