Petir is alive, and well. If he could stay here long enough, then he would know where Petir had left. Perhaps he could go to Petir's school and stay there with him.

After all, they were both prodigies of the country.

The next day, Petir was greeted to school by a punch to the face, quite literally. Standing by the school gate, next to Tanah, was none other than Cahaya, glaring daggers at him.

Tanah yelped in panic, and whipped to Cahaya. "What'd you do that for?" Clearly, he wasn't aware of how Celestium students weren't as civilized as they seem.

"It's seven in the morning!" Cahaya barked. "Why the hell are you late!"

Petir rubbed his cheek, but there was barely any redness. "Some of us have a life, pretty boy!"

"And why didn't you tell me you're in Rintis High?!"

"Neither did you! Stop playing the victim!"

They glared at each other, their faces only inches apart as they stared each other down. The only difference this time, however, stood a confused prefect, who couldn't understand their sudden change in attitudes.

They didn't notice Tanah, either, as they continued arguing as they waltzed into school. Students around them turned to them in confusion and cast them odd glances.

What was that? Tanah blinked, glancing at their silhouettes. From a distance, Petir swung a punch at Cahaya, but the teen caught it and said something that set Petir off.

He'd never seen them so riled up, or energetic. They were always cold and isolated.

"Who was that?" Daun leaned in closer to Tanah. He'd arrived the same time with Cahaya, but he'd wandered off to god knows where. "And is that really Cahaya? I never saw him so riled up before."

"That's Petir," Tanah said, turning to Daun. "He's my friend, actually. I didn't think he likes to make friends to begin with."

"Hm." Daun glanced at their silhouettes. They were already gone. "Neither does Cahaya."

It was like a switch had flipped in them the moment they met each other.

"You're in what class?" Cahaya snapped, glaring at the door of Petir's class. He gripped Petir's collar as if he'd murdered a man. "I leave for a year and you already suck?"

"Do I look like I care?" Petir snarked back. "Why don't you poke your pretty nose in someone else's business? It's not like you told me anything about your little programme in the first place! If I knew, I'd continued in contests just to smite you every time! I still have space in my shelves anyway."

Petir sunk himself down on his seat, where Cahaya stood next to him. Surprisingly, the Celestium student didn't retort, only standing there, watching him as his fists were clenched.

"What?" Petir asked. He felt uncomfortable with Cahaya's staring. They were close, but whenever Cahaya doesn't let your eyes off you, it meant that he was trying to say something but couldn't.

Right now, Petir was frightened of what would come out of that mouth.

What if he didn't see him as the same person? The same boy that was always by his side, always in every class he was in. He'd left, and some parts of him were destined to change, for the better or the worse.

"I'd rather you do that," Cahaya whispered. "I'd rather you come back and compete for first place."

Petir stared at him, but no words came out, either. He was just as stunned as the other; if not, even more surprised.

"I can't go back," Petir whispered. "I'd rather not talk about it. Please."

Cahaya frowned. "Why?" he demanded. "What's stopping you? Is someone blackmailing you? Did someone threaten you? I want answers, Petir. And you're not giving me any."

"I can't," Petir said. "Not yet. When I'm ready."

"Fine." Cahaya turned around and began to mutter curses. Petir pretended not to hear them.

An hour later, during class, a knock was heard on the door. As the teacher motioned for the person to come in, the class all held their breaths in shock. All but one.

Petir was at the back, dozing off into dream town. But he was soon woken by a tap on his shoulder, which he snapped back to reality, and whirled around in shock.

Cahaya sat next to him, crossing his arms as he glared at his behaviour.

"What are you doing here?" Petir groaned, rubbing his eyes.

"I asked the principal to change my class. Turns out by threatening to leave he'll give you just about anything," Cahaya answered, turning to the front. "Let's see whether if you're worthy of being my rival again."

Petir glared daggers at him, but there was nothing he can do. He would rather save that pummelling for later rather than get kicked out of class.

But for now, all that they can do was wait for the other to spill.