I knew Adam was just trying to look out for us. But I could not leave Austin alone if I fucking tried.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and simply nodded at him as he squeezed my arm.

"We should probably head down, we're leaving soon. Are you done getting dressed?" He asked as he let go of me.

I nodded once again, "Yeah I'm ready." I forced a smile as we got up from sitting on the bed.

I followed Adam out of my bedroom, and down the stairs to find the rest of the team dressed and finishing up getting ready. Most of them were scattered in the living room gathering their jackets and putting on their shoes.

I saw Natalie from the corner of my eye quietly talking with Austin in the kitchen as she twirled her hair between her fingers.

I rolled my eyes to myself as I could almost feel her desperation from across the room.

I walked over to the kitchen island, sliding into one of the bar stools, still holding my heels in my hands.

I began to slip them onto my feet as Natalie's words caused my ears to perk up, catching my attention.

"Your hair looks really sexy when its freshly cut." She reached up, running her fingers through his curls.

"Doesn't it Lena?" She turned to face me, shooting me a petty look.

Are we in fucking Mean Girls right now? Cause this bitch is casually pulling a Regina George on me.

I cleared my throat and crossed one of my legs over the other, choosing my words carefully as I struggled to buckle my strap.

"It looks good." I said as my eyes met hers. I had the sudden urge to throw my shoe at her to wipe that stupid smirk off of her ridiculous face.

I mean who does she think she is? Putting her grimy hands on my man-

"Thank you ladies." Austin broke me out of my thoughts as he gave us a small smile.

"Do you need some help Lena?" He asked as he watched me continue to battle with my stubborn strappy shoes.

"Hmm? Oh no I got it Austin thanks." I brushed him off as I shook my head.

But instead of listening to me, he pushed himself away from Natalie and made his way over to me.

He stood tall in front of me, his voice hushed, sending a wave of shivers to my core. "Here let me."

His fingertips wisped softly against my ankle as he began to buckle the strap on my heels.

His tongue was pushed between his teeth as he was trying to concentrate on what he was doing.

I felt Natalie's eyes burning through us as Austin and I exchanged subtle glances

"You're all set." He smiled as he finished securing both of my shoes.