the real tea on finding inspiration to write.

hey everyone! this is just a few things i do that inspire me to write or come up with ideas. instead of saying "just listening to music" these are thoroughly explained & i hope it's super helpful. enjoy! <3

read stories !
so reading stories that interest you personally is really helpful especially when you're attached to the book or your favorite author has made an update. literally the best feeling ever. even engaging with the story/author can also inspire author to write more !

hence why it's important to not be a ghost reader if you really like the author's story. it benefits on both ends. supporting each other is needed. it costs $0.00 to support someone and them support you back. omg wow free!

movies & tv shows !
most of us use them to inspire our books anyway so let your mind wander while watching. imagine you were in it, imagine an alternate love interest, imagine that ending didn't happen the way it did... there are endless possibilities to how these movies and shows could go, you are now the director, producer, casting director, and screenwriter, make it your own!

social media !
going through people on social media is important. this is where people show their personality. take it and run with it. find an unique youtuber or one you've never watched, a funny twitter user whose personality is so out there, your fav tik-toker, the gorgeous girl on insta with not only a bomb style but a bomb personality, and take notes! find something they said that makes you laugh or feel a certain way. you can incorporate these things in your character's personality.

twitter has all kinds of scenarios, it's literally my favorite social app. idk i feel like it's just where the personality comes out at. is it just me? but like insta is for photos, twitter is for personality, and snapchat is for like convos/friends.

ex. tweets that send me

 tweets that send me

【  ೃ⁀➷ friends/connections !believe it or not, some things my characters may do or act comes from my irl friends

friends/connections !
believe it or not, some things my characters may do or act comes from my irl friends. it's just that connection you have with your characters, you feel as if they're really your friends. if you don't have this connection with your characters, make one! i promise it'll make writing so much fun.

yes, love interests are great but don't have your character out here looking fool and crazy, they have self worth too. i cared so much for riley in "sweet little baby" that i just wanted the absolute best for her. it wasn't like ethan dolan was the prize, riley was.

which is also why my favorite book that i've ever written, "catching feelings," may be my least read/interacted story but it means so much to me. i love those characters more than anything.

actually, maybe i'm dramatic but i hope you are getting the point. emotions are real & you have them to use and dig deep!

dreams !
i saw this post on twitter and it was too loud!

【  ೃ⁀➷ dreams !i saw this post on twitter and it was too loud!

but i do that shit & it's good to know i'm not alone. well, i am.. without a man.. but anyways!

i actually do this a lot ngl, i pretend to think i'm with this love interest and i'm this alternative person and we're actually together until it flows into my dreams somehow, idk how to really explain but iykyk. lucid dreams headass

remember your dreams! idk if anyone keeps a dream journal or have done this but in my psychology class we had to keep track of our sleep for a week. the time we went to sleep until the time we got up & to also try to remember what your dreamed of. it's quite interesting to see the scenarios your brain comes up with without even realizing it.

if you think you don't dream every night, you do! and there are ways to actually remember them, just research.

school !
we not gon' sit here and act like we don't wonder about this random ass classmate and what it would be like to be friends with them or even more. or even walking past someone you always see in the halls but never speaking to them. no creepy ish, use it! it could really turn into a good, less cliche storyline as it's your own personal experience.

if you don't want to use school, use the mall, a restaurant, a park, etc. there's so many alternatives. perhaps an old friend or that one person you met at orientation but never talked to them again. we go to school from elementary to high school, (maybe even college) there's something in there!

fellow watty friends !
now this is tricky. the main thing you are doing here is to not steal their work. i'mma be serious on this one. simply ask, dedicate, credit these writers. it can be hard for certain writers to come up with ideas and when they've finally overcome writers block or have been working on something until pure perfection, it's straight up unfair and doesn't do anybody justice. not only did you steal but now you look bad and then the original writer feels some type of way. i see lots of writers go through this on the message board and that's not good. it's so good to be original.

personally for me, i don't get upset, mad, hurt, etc. when someone takes inspiration from me. of course stealing is another story but i don't think that's happened really. i love helping people and if i feel that i'm helping you, i feel good just as you do & i'mma support 1000%.

make gc's with writers that are all shooting for the same goal. not only do you make friends but you're also making a good story.

i know y'all see those "sub for sub" comments on yt or something. idk if i'm just that blind but i don't see lots of interactions like that just sorta competition. i admit, we tend to ignore those so simply say something like "vote for vote" or "hey i make ___ stories too, check them out. i think you'll like it!" this paragraph is now an opportunity, start the thread!

support local plot shops! if you have one, comment and plug yours here!

but in all honesty, finding what's best for you is key in writing. :)

💌 comment & vote if this helped you!
let me know if y'all want a part two, i might have more ideas <3

& if u wanna be twitter mutuals message me lol