26: Burnt out Flames

Start from the beginning

The tension in the room died down as they both realized just how bad they'd both messed up. Neither was innocent In the battle of love and loyalty. The only thing they could do was accept their mistakes and move on...

Even the hottest flames burn out eventually.

"River,Caitlyn, the kids, and I'll will be staying at the old chaos pack house for a while, just to be sure the spell worked." Xavier sighed looking over to his mate.

Deep down they both knew they need a break from each other... but neither would openly admit it.

"That's good... Besides they could probably use an extra hand with Jaxon and the new baby." Avery added softly. "And I was thinking about staying with Grayson for a awhile...he just lost his fiancé and son, the least I can do is make sure he's eating right and not locked up in his room alone."

A moment of silence passes before Xavier spoke. "Kiera And Kai brought Rosalie to liam, they knew we trusted him the most."

Because they weren't sure how, they left without saying goodbye. Avery off to tend to her brother and Xavier to help his.

Maybe if they weren't so distracted they would've noticed the lingering scent of an unfamiliar scent...

                              -•-

"IT PEED ON ME!"

Avery sighed picking up the small lab and letting it outside. Grayson frantically ran upstairs while Liam  doubled over in laughter.

"Do you think it would make him feel better if we told him she did the same thing to Kai on the way here." Kiera asked with a small smile resting on her face.

"This is a disaster..." Avery mumbled.

Liam, who finally stopped laughing, shook his head. "Don't worry Luna, you're doing great."

Of course she didn't agree with him.

"No I'm not, I'm practically throwing it in his face that I've got a kid right after he lost his." She sighed taking a seat on the couch.

Before Kiera could say anything Rosalie began to cry. As if it were and instinct, Liam tended to her.

"Remind me again why Xavier didn't take Rose with him?" Kai asked earning an elbow to the side from Kiera.

"Unless He can breast feed her, I don't think she needs to be away from her mother." Liam explained.

"You know Liam, when you find your mate I hope you have a lot of kids... the dad title suits you." Avery smiled. Liam blushed a little but quickly covered it with an emotionless expression.

"I'm already 28, I don't think I even have a mate."

Rosalie let out a little giggle sending a smile to Liam's face.

"Ok that's it! We're finding your mate if it's the last thing I do!" Kiera declared.

"Yes go! I'm giving you the next month off to go travel, in fact don't come back until you've found her... or him." Avery decided for him.

Without giving him time to process, Avery took rose and Kiera grabbed him by the arm dragging him out of the door. Kai quickly ran after his mate, letting the little puppy back in in the process.

"Well hello there." Avery chuckled softly at the yellow lab. She bent down showing rose the small dog.

"I think she likes rose more then me, you can keep her." Grayson shivered recalling the previous event.

Avery sighed in defeat. "I got her for you... I'm sorry gray, I really thought this would be good for you."

Above all else Grayson cared deeply for his sister and seeing her try to take care of him was a bit unsettling. After all he'd been a parent to her for as long as he could remember. He wasn't sure how to just let her take care of him.

"I know you want to help but I'm really ok." He reassured. "What you should be doing is helping your family, Caitlyn gave birth yesterday and you've been here all week. Go to them, I'll be fine."

She knew he was right, river, Caitlyn, and Xavier under one roof with a 1 year old and a newborn... they need her more then she'd like to admit.

"I can't just leave you here..." she frowned.

"I hate to do this but I'm kicking you out." He stated bluntly.

Avery gawked in disbelief. "Me? You're kicking me out!"

"You've given me no choice, it's what's best for you... and those poor children." Grayson chuckled.

Despite the empty feeling in his heart he knew this would be the only way she'd take care of herself. Without even knowing it she'd been skipping meals, barely sleeping, and overall just over working herself trying to take care of him and her daughter. The best thing he could do for her was make her leave... even if it hurt him.

"So this is it... I've been evicted by my own brother." She teased.

"At least I'll help you pack, most landlords just leave a note." He joked back.

And so they spent the next few minutes packing all of her things. And despite her protests they packed the dog supplies. Even though she knew she'd see him soon saying see you later felt like a permanent goodbye.

"Got everything?"

"I think so. I've got the baby, the dog, clothes, diapers, baby things, dog things... hopefully that's it because my car is not that big." She laughed.

Silence filled the air, but not the awkward kind, the comfortable kind.

"I'll see you soon little sister..." he whispered softly. She pulled him into a hug which he returned.

"I'll see you soon Gray..."

           •••••••••••••••••••••••••

Well that was cute :)

Anyways sorry for the wait butttt I have some news!

I've officially completed the first two chapters of the rewrite!! Exciting I know I know! But like I said it won't be out until TMW is complete.

Lastly I wanted to say that I have another story on here titled "The Rogues Claim" that you can check out while waiting for updates! I've gotta say i was surprised that this book has more reads considering I started this when I was like 12 and just did a few adjustments then posted it😂

But nonetheless I'm incredibly thankful for everyone who's taken a chance on my story 🙃

Thanks for reading!