unrequited love (tom holland)

Start from the beginning

you could feel your heart hurting for him and there being nothing you can do about it. you knew this wasn't healthy and you knew that even if you told him, you would still hurt like this. you lived with him, there was nothing you could do to get your mind off of him. and maybe that was the problem.

"y/n?" you could hear him calling, you quickly wiped the frown off your face and raised your arm in the air for him to notice you. he jogged over, looking accomplished.

"there you are," he said to you, then reaching down to pet tessa. "i got her to come over tonight," he smirked.

normally, you would laugh at something like that to hide how you actually felt. you would tell him to just keep quiet so you could sleep, you'd be supportive. but what came out was the opposite of that, it shocked you how quickly you said it too. "i'm moving out,"

his face fell instantly, "what?" he spoke softly.

you quickly regained your thoughts. "my mom, she wants me to come stay with her..."

a lie. a big ole lie. right in his face you lied to your best friend. you didn't know why you just made that decision so fast. you knew your mom would let you stay with her the only problem she was four hundred miles away.

"f-for a little bit or like for good?" he looked concerned, worried and sad all at the same time. it was killing you.

you took a minute to respond, "for good..."

"when?"

"lets, uh- lets talk about this later, can we?" you asked, taking the opportunity to walk forward, tessa following right behind you.

"no, y/n, can we do this now? if my best friend is leaving me i need answers." he grabbed your arm and you had to hold back tears at this point.

you knew you had to leave, it was the only way for you to not hurt as badly anymore watching him be with other girls all the time. once you had moved on, maybe you could come back but it won't be the same. you thought it would be a good solution but now you'll just be apart, you'll fade. the friendship was ruined either way at this point.

you turned around with tears welling in your eyes. "y/n.. what's going on with you?"

"i love you! don't you get it?" you nearly shouted at him, he let go of your arm.

"i love you too, i don't know what you-"

"no, tom. i'm IN love with you. i have been for months now!" you were wiping tears from your cheeks as people passed by.

tom was looking at you softly, "oh..."

"seeing you bring girl after girl home, its...it hurts," you started. "it hurts to love you." you admitted, looking down.

"i had no idea, y/n. im so sorry, but please don't move out. i'll-i'll stop bringing them home, i will-"

"i don't want you to change your life just because i have some crush on you! i want you to be happy, i want you to be able to talk to a girl without feeling like you're making me sad."

"what are you saying?" he looked hurt. you couldn't even imagine what he was thinking right now.

"i know you don't feel the same way, i do. but i'm saying that because i love you, im letting you go," you turned sideways, tears brimming over your eyes now.

"but i don't want that!" he yelled. "i don't want to lose you, y/n please. there has got to be something, just because i don't love you like that doesn't mean we stop being friends."

"we don't have to not be friends i just can't live with you anymore, i have to move on." you said quietly. he thought for a moment as silence filled the space around the two of you.

you felt relieved that you had told him, but couldn't shake the fact that you were actually going to go stay with your mom. you kept this inside for months, it was like a breath of fresh air.

he walked up beside you and turned you to look at him, he grabbed your forearms and it made you look up. "lets go on a date," he said simply.

"what?"

"we've been friends for how long and i've never taken you on a date. i've never seen that side of you before, you know me, y/n. im not a close minded person, i can adapt and change-"

"i don't want you to change-"

"i want to change, if it means not losing you," he looked at you softly. "let's give it a shot, yeah?"

you thought about all of this. the conversation you had just had with him and how you never expected it to go the way this just did. you didn't have high hopes, but you knew now no matter the outcome tom was by your side. holding your hand or not, you didn't care.

♡︎ requested by @katerinatufty