"ꜰᴀɢ"

(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ (A/N): THE CONTEXT THIS WORD IS USED IN ISN'T TOO OFFEND ANYBODY! THIS IS JUST FOR THE BOOK! I'm putting this out there because i got asked about this in the last book, and the person seemed a bit upset by it, until i explained why i was using it. ♥

𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓼𝓮 𝓟𝓞𝓥

the same night, at around 2:47 AM, i received a message from an unknown number. it must've been a blocked number, otherwise it wouldn't have came up as unknown. 

unknown number
come to the old playground, i need you rn

chase
who's this?

unknown number
its me chase.. ??

chase
your coming up as unknown number. who's this?

unknown number
ohh i forgot you blocked me, its josh

chase
oh. what do you want?

unknown number
just meet me at the park? please? i'll explain everything as soon as i see you, i promise.

chase
fine. but your upto anything stupid i'm gonna have kendall on speed dial.

unknown number
that's fine. i swear im not upto anything at all.

man, i wish 2 AM time me would've just stayed home and deleted the first message the number ever sent. 

but of course, i left throught the window. i quickly walked to the old playground on Mire street, leaving kendall a message. 'keep your ringer on, if i call you come to the playground we used to play at when we were little. the one on mire street. ASAP.' i sent, before seeing josh hanging off from the monkey bars. he looked up and smiled at me, jumping down. "hey!" he said. "hi. now, get to explaining. what do you want from me and why do you want it?" i asked, clearly irritated by his presences. lets just say; josh and i have history

"well- ugh. i can't hide it. i just missed you. a lot." he said, looking down. "the lies-" i started. "they're not lies. i've missed you. i really do." he said. it felt kinda weird. josh hasn't been this nice since- the issue. 

"hm. well- i don't know what to say. i'm not coming back to this. you've been nothing but trash to me and i can't afford the toxicity, not right now. you probably only want the clout anyway." i murmured. suddenly, i felt a hand on my side. "thats not it at all. and i know i've been a dick but i missed you. i missed us. and i know we can't be friends like we used to be but the least i can have is tonight?" he said, gently. 

i didn't want to say yes but i honestly liked being friends with him. and for some strange reason, i don't think he just wants to be friends. 

"what? you want quality time with your old friend? a good ol' love story, you and i meet up one night and rekindle our broken friendship- somehow sparks fly. we date. you fuck with my head. get famous, and leave? because that's what's gonna happen. i was nothing but a freak to you last year, why so different now?" i say, pushing his hand away from me. "i don't know. i guess i realized what i lost and regret it like a sinner in church.." he said. he was looking straight into my eyes, like if he actually felt something. 

"oh please, friends to enemies to lovers? your full of shit. im going home." i said, turning around and walking off. he he sighed and followed, catching up pretty fast. "at least let me walk you home." he insisted. "no, because as soon as i get to my window your going to say 'goodnight' like a disney prince while giving me bedroom eyes and make me wanna kiss you." i say, not even looking to him. 

"isn't that the point of bedroom eyes?" he teased. "it is, and i will assure you i hate it. what happened to the old josh? the one who insulted me all the time, and the guy who went from being my best friend to a complete asshole because of something i was unable to control?" i asked, stopping in front of him. "he's gone now. he will forever be gone. chase you don't understand. i don't want this lingering tension between us. i want us to be okay, whether its as friends or anything more." he said. "i know i've been a jerk.. and a liar.. and very useless to your life but i really wanna change the way you look at me." 

it was weird having him be nice to me... kinda felt new. even though it wasn't... he and i  used to be great friends, but then- everything just sorta happened.

i remember it like if it was yesterday.. 
it was November 17th, 2016. i was walking through the halls  looking for josh and bryce, but when i approached them they both just gave me shitty looks and acted like i wasn't there. "guys?" i said, seeing them turn away. "what?" josh said, clearly bothered. "uhm- hi?" i smiled. 

"don't say hi to me, your disgusting." josh snarled, starting to walk off. i followed behind him, seeing bryce leave in the other direction. "woah what? whats going on?" 

"you know exactly what's going on! you really think you could get away with faking a straight? and the worst part is the fact that you think its okay to have feelings for me?! thats horrible, your definitely off to hell." he said, chuckling. "wh-who told you.." i murmured, feeling eyes well up in tears. "nessa. she knew, and she always tells me. everything." 
"how the fuck does she know?-"
"one of your little friends slipped her your secret. she swears it was an accident but she just might hate you too." josh said, smirking in my face. 
"charli?.. charli has been on my side for as long as i can remember, she wouldn't just out me to-" 
"i don't know or care, all i know is you need to stay far away from me. your nothing but a fag."

ouch.. 

ever since that day, he's tortured me and fucked with my head. he and josh would tease me and joke about me over and over until i couldn't take it anymore. and the worst part of it all? oh yeah, the fact that they threatened to out me to the rest of the school if i tried to tell anybody. blackmailing. real mature. 

but now- he's different? i'm having a hard time believing this but a part of me just wants to give in... 

"josh what makes you think i can  trust you? there is no way your getting me on your good side this-" i started, but suddenly i heard tired screech against the ground. "yo!" i heard a voice say. i recognized the voice, it kinda sounded like-  

"bryce! i told you not to show up unless i sent the signal!" josh said, giving him a look of annoyance. i turned over to see bryce, and kio both on they're bikes. "sorry man. i just couldn't help myself! so hows it goin?" bryce said, smiling. "well its not going too great, and now your here so it's getting worse!" josh said. "im here too-" kio said, but was ignored. [mood-]

"what the hell would you need to have him on the ready for? your the one who invited me here in the first place." i said. "he's my ride." josh said. "a bike is your ride?" i snickered under my breath. "indeed." he sighed. 

"hi?" kio said, looking around at us. "listen if you want us to leave you could just ask." bryce said. "cool, leave!" josh said. "nah." bryce chuckled. "you know what, maybe i'll leave! oh kio, they're neglecting you! why don't you and i go get some pizza and get away from these fucks?" i suggested. kio nodded. "race ya!" he said, riding off. "no fair!" i said, quickly pushing bryce off of his bike and chasing after kio on it. 

"hey!-" bryce said, getting up from the ground. "great. now we have no ride." josh said, sighing.