Chapter 21: The Real Quest

Inside The World Tree

No POV:

After getting past the guardians with the help of Leafa, Recon, Sakuya and Alicia with their armies. Y/N and Kirito had finally made it to the door that lead to the top of the World Tree. However things weren't easy after that. They discovered that the door was never meant to be opened. This grand quest everyone believed in was a lie. That however didn't stop Y/N and Kirito from getting to the top.

Earlier that day Kirito had managed to get a card from Asuna who dropped it from her cage atop the World Tree. Kirito had Yui use the card to open the door. Thankfully the card worked and the door opened both Y/N and Kirito were sucked inside of the door. After the bright white light faded away Y/N and Kirito saw that they were inside of a strange metallic hallway.

Y/N POV:

"Where are we?" Kirito asked "I don't know but this doesn't look like a castle" I answered. Yui appeared in her pixie form from Kirito's pocket. "We are in an area used by GMs" she explained to us. All of a sudden she began to detect something. "I can sense momma she's near" Yui said "where is she?" Kirito asked. Yui pointed down the corridor "down there" she answered. "Well let's stop standing here and go get her" I said running down the hallway.

Yui transformed into her human form and followed me down the hallway. Kirito shrugged and then began to catch up to me.

Time Skip

We had been running down hallway after hallway trying to find Asuna. Yui would be on Kirito's shoulders and point out the way to go to us. Eventually we came out of a hallway to a wide area full of branch pathways. Kirito and I looked up and saw even more branch pathways.

"There isn't any castle up here" Kirito said "that whole kingdom on top of the tree was total BS" I said. "The grand quest was all a lie" Kirito said "it's probably that bastard Sugou's doing" I said clenching my fist in anger. "Come on daddy and uncle we have to find mommy" Yui said running ahead of us.

All of our running and switching paths lead us to a large bird cage. Kirito and I were suprised to see it up here but then we remembered the photo that brought us to this world in the first place. We both started running faster and faster to get to the cage. Both Kirito and I could see someone inside of the bird cage. We immediately recognized who it was that was inside of the cage.

Yui had made it ahead of us and was already at the bird cage. She touched the door to the cage and made it disappear into a bunch of pixels. She ran to the person inside hugging her. It was Asuna just like Kirito and I believed. Kirito ran ahead of me and went inside of the cage. I took my time getting there and saw Kirito, Yui and Asuna hugging each other.

"Man now I do feel like a third wheel" I said walking inside of the cage. Asuna looked up and saw me "Shi your here too?" she asked. "Yeah I had to make sure Kirito didn't screw up" I answered with a smile. Asuna went over and gave me a kiss on the cheek "my other hero" she said. "Good to see the family back together" I said. "Yeah we finally made it now it's time to get you out of here" Kirito said.

"Are you able to log her out Yui?" I asked "sadly no uncle" Yui answered. "Why?" Kirito asked "mommy's data is locked down behind some very complicated code" Yui answered. "Well what do we need to get her out of here?" I asked. "I'd need a GM console to log mommy out" Yui answered. "I know where one is" Asuna said aloud "where is it?" Kirito asked grabbing her hands. "It's inside of lab, I know the way there" Asuna answered. "Great, now let's get there and get you out of here" I said going towards the door.