☆ミ prologue

————— ✩ ✩ ✩ —————

EVERYONE WAS getting ready inside the torres household and preparing everything they needed before the simmons's arrive for dinner. the simmons' were relatives of the torres family and their daughter jenna, was well known. and they're currently in town to visit them.

jenna and nicky were best friends since birth. they were inseparable, glued to each other, and their relationship as cousins were better than anything.
nicky on the other hand though, hasn't seen jenna for over a year and a half since she was busy with her career.

nicky lived in the uk while jenna was across the other side in the states which caused the young teen to miss her cousin dearly, but her thoughts were interrupted when the doorbell finally rang.

"i'll get it" nicky quickly went over to open the door and was greeted by the family. "hiiii we missed you all!" she greeted as she gave them hugs and gladly let them in.

"NEN!" she went straight for her cousin, hugging her as tight as she could. "NICKS! i missed you!" jenna hugged her equally tight. both girls feeling the urge to cry.

the hug was soon broken as nicky pulled her cousin to the living room and started to catch up with each other's lives.

"gosh nicky i know we facetimed a lot but i missed you so much. the pain i felt not being beside you is unbearable" jenna said genuinely but dramatically as well— which they both laughed at after.

"i missed you as well nen its crazyyy."

soon enough, their topic soon was about boys. "soooo i haven't told anyone about this but i found a guy and he's cute. i like him a lot and he actually likes me back." jenna blushed and nicky found herself smirking at her. "whats his name?" she asked.

"harrison." the girl smiled.

"but wait enough about me. what about you? have you got eyes on any guy?" jenna asked nicky who ended up giving her a shrug in reply.

"you're kidding right? still no one?" she asked once again.

"yepp i just don't feel like falling in love anymore." nicky replied bluntly.

"nicks you gotta leave it in the past already. he's go— nen im just scared that the same shit will happen." she quickly cut her cousin off knowing she's going to break down sooner if she ended up continuing her sentence.

"gosh nicks, i love you but you need to let it go. im saying this because i care about you and your happiness." jenna was afraid her cousin would shut love out of her life. she wanted to see nicky's face light up again.

" i know. i just think it's impossible to find someone again. they'll just end up leaving and hurting me again. its bullshit nen." she sighed.

"fine at least let me help you find a guy?"

"nah nah no way!!! im like happy being single. i dont need no man nen" nicky chuckled awkwardly. but she cant help but admit to herself that she indeed misses the feeling of being loved by someone.

"then let me help you find new friends!" knowing jenna, she has no escape. making her agree to what her cousin suggested her.

"so im going to add you to a group chat of me and my friends. dont worry, they will LOVE you." jenna knew what she was doing. she knew her cousin well enough. and she knew that sooner or later, nicky will be able to feel butterflies once again.

nicky was still unsure but she loved jenna too much. she was thankful for the girl. because she knew how much jenna cared for her, and she lowkey wanted to make new friends as well.

"fine. you can"

but maybe it might not be so bad after all.
nicky thought.