|| Chapter 30 ||

Harry

It's only been 15 minutes and I was really annoyed. Niall was doing the friendly talking and I let him as I ate in silence and agreed whenever Niall asked for my opinions on whatever he and my father were talking about.

Golf I think.

Des complimented Niall's cooking and he said it was my favourite dish, which it was and then he asked about Niall's classes and Niall told him about his class and my wishes to take medical.

"And you would do that with the money that Harry will get, yes?"

Niall flushed in embarrassment.

"W-well yes.."

"I'm glad to know that much amount of money is going to good use then" Des nodded.

And they continued with whatever golf thing they were talking about.

After dinner though, we moved to the living room and I helped with the dishes and Niall went up to check up on Rian.

I was washing the plates when he called my name.

I sighed and turned around to look at the man that had left me and my family years ago. Talking to him was bound to happen.

"Thank you for agreeing to this"

"We need it" i shrugged, not bothering to hide that all we want is his money.

"Yes, well if you hadn't agreed I still would have given you the money"

I nodded stiffly, wiping my wet hands on my jeans.

"I just.. the rightful owner to my business after me is you, Harry. Are you sure you-"

"I don't want to, I'm sure" I cut him off.

He took it well, my refuse. He just nodded and walked away. I sighed as I felt the guilt settle in.

"Wait, umm.. look. It's been years and I'm sorry for being such a dick" I said to him. He had turned around and pulled me into a surprising hug which I awkwardly returned.

He patted my back. "I'm sorry too, son"

"Too soon" I shook my head when he let me go and laughed.

"Har!!!" I heard my husband call out to me and I ran towards the nursery without a thought. Did something happen to Rian?

Niall was holding Rian, he was awake and had his fist in his mouth.

"Yeah? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Have you seen Michael?"

"Michael?" I looked at him confusingly.

"He was here, before your dad came and he came up here, said he wanted to look at Rian and I searched around but he isn't in the house"

"Maybe he went back home"

"No he didn't, Luke called, said Michael wasn't at home or with them"

"Hey calm down, maybe he just needed some alone time"

Niall nodded then, rocking Rian back and forth and I kissed both of their cheeks. To reassure him and me. Michael was a great friend, a great person and maybe he needed some time alone.

He'll be back home in not time.

The night went on fast enough, Des (he asked me to call him dad again and I refused, said it'll happen soon but not now) had met Rian and Rian seemed to like him, he wasn't crying or anything when Des held him.