Chapter 33 - Iconoclast

Start from the beginning

I took a deep breath and turned to face them. "I'm afraid it is. The Khan Maykr awakened the icon of sin, and now we must fight it. If we fail to kill it, then our world and every living thing in it will die."

"What is this, icon of sin?" Genji asked.

"The icon of sin, basically since I can't be bothered to fully explain it, is a big titan which is very powerful because of how it was made by the dark lords."

Genji seemed satisfied by my answer and turned to continue eating his food.

"So, when are we gonna fight this?" Mccree asked.

"I don't know, but it's probably going to be sometime today." I replied.

We all continued talking about the icon for a while. After we'd all finished eating, we all head back to our rooms. Me and Lena walked back, hand in hand. We got a few odd looks from the overwatch soldiers, but they knew better than to cross or mock me.

Eventually, we got back to our room. We walked in and closed the door behind us. Lena looked at me in the eyes and smiled before pinning me against the door and kissing me on the lips. Even though I could have easily resisted if wanted to, I let her dominate me. We kissed intently for quite some time against the door, before Lena eventually pulled away.

We looked into each others eyes and smiled at each other. Her soft brown eyes were still as beautiful as when I first met her. I pulled her in and hugged her tightly. She hugged me back just as hard.

We hugged for a second before Vega interrupted.

"(Y/n), I believe that you need to see this." Vega said.

"Can't it wait?" I replied.

"No it cannot."

"Fine, what is it?"

Vega pulled up a display of our current location, watchpoint Gibraltar, on the south coast of Spain. He then zoomed out so we could see the surrounding area, to reveal that the icon of sin was only about a kilometre away and approaching.

"Shit!" I shouted as I ran to grab my guns. "Lena, go tell everyone what's happening. Those who believe they can fight are going to fight."

Lena nodded and ran out of the room to go and tell everyone. I finished grabbing all my guns and walked out of my room. I walked to the exit of the facility. All of the overwatch soldiers were scared to shit of me, and for a good reason. As I got to the entrance, I saw the icon of sin in the distance. I knew that this would be one hell of a fight, but I had no other choice.

Lena pov

I ran and blinked as fast as I could to go tell everyone. The first person I went to was Reinhardt, since he was one of the highest ranking members.

When I got to his door, I knocked on it quite quickly and hard. After a second, the door opened to reveal Reinhardt, standing there.

"What's the matter Lena?" He asked.

"The icon of sin, it's here." I said.

Reinhardt's expression immediately dropped. He ran back inside to go grab his armour and weapon. After a minute, he came back out.

"We need to get everyone who can fight here to fight." I said.

Reinhardt nodded and started going around to everyone else's rooms to tell them. I on the other hand ran straight up to Jack's office. I opened the door to find Jack quite badly injured in there.

"Oh my god, Jack what happened!" I shouted as I ran over to him. He looked up at me and frowned.

"Lena, I'm sorry. I've failed overwatch. I told the Khan Maykr where we were and now all of Talon know that we're here. These wounds are from a fight I had with Gabriel."