"No, he is not— oh." She starts off, only to pause once meeting eyes with the man by seated the fire. Immediately Abby blushes and shyly looks away from Javiers gaze. Usually she would be able to control herself, but the woman's loud laughter didn't help either.

"Awe look at that, seems like they're smitten for one another." Karen sings obnoxiously, causing her to roll her eyes at the woman.

"No one is smitten." Abby sternly tells the woman smiling at the embarrassed girl.

"Sure." Tilly mutters, while rolling her eyes as she folded one of the man's flannels. Just when Abby thought the attention on her would finally die down, she was quickly proven wrong,

"Oh, looky there. Javier is coming over." Karen says, causing Abby to perk over to see Javier indeed strolling over.

"OoOh, she's blushing." Mary-Beth teases only making Abby's face feel warmer.

"Shut up." Abby tells the girl, while trying to play off the redness in her face by resting her hand on the side of her face.

"There's the man of the hour!"Karen's loud mouth exclaims, causing Abby to groan internally at the blonde.

"You girls talking about me?" Javier asks with a smug smirk playing along his face.

"Maybe." Karen sings while staring directly at the shrinking girl at the table, clearly liking the way she was squirming under the man's eyes.

"What is it that you want Mr. Escuella?" Tilly asks, bringing Javiers curious eyes away from an embarrassed Abby.

"I just wanted to whisk Abby away for just a quick minute." He says to the woman, before looking right back at the girl at the table.

"Of course, you do." Karen giggles only earning an scolding look from Abigail. Clearly not taking a liking of Karen practically bullying the other blonde girl at the table.

" Always stealin her away from us." Karen mutters causing Abby to rolls her eyes at the woman, before getting up to go talk with Javier.

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" She asks the man once they were far away from the woman. Who were rudely staring in the direction of the two, and making it extremely hard for the girl to keep her composure.

"I just wanted to let you know that I was heading out with John, Sean, and Arthur. So I won't be back in time for guard duty. Uh, and I think Dutch put you with Micah." He informs the girl, who immediately sighs out in defeat.

"Oh great." She mutters.

"I know, I'm sorry. I'll try to hurry back in time—" Javier starts to apologize, only making the girl interrupt him mid-sentence.

"No, you don't have to do that. It's okay, Just... make it back here in one piece." She tells the man, who's eyebrows immediately furrow in confusion.

"You sure?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm sure. I can handle Micah for an hour or so. It shouldn't be a problem." She tells the man in confidence.

"Okay, just try not to kill him?" He asks causing her to laugh at his request.

"No promises."

𑁍

After much teasing from the girls in camp, Abby made her way to guard duty. And much to her dismay, Micah happened to be already there.

"Ms. Morgan, you finally decided to join me... How nice of you." Micahs sarcastically comments, causing her to simply nod his way, before remaining to herself. Which she thought he'd hopefully do the same, but she was sadly mistaken.