29: No Place Like (a temporary) Home (part two)

Start from the beginning

I cocked my eyebrow at him. "There's something you're not telling me." I huffed. He smiled and nodded. "Yes, there is something I'm not telling you."

"Spill it."

"There's someone. I met them at the open interviews we had at the salon. We've been talking for a while now and I think there's potential there." He said it so nonchalantly, I thought he wasn't even serious. 

 All of our lives, Kendall had only been serious about two people. Quinton Long, who we met in the 9th grade, and his first boyfriend. Quinton turned out to be a 'in-the-closet' type of guy, and didn't want anyone to know about his sexuality, so they broke up.

The next guy was Alex Kriston and they met when he sold Kendall the building he runs the salon in. I thought they were gonna go the distance, but Mom got sick and Alex wanted to move back to his hometown in Green Island.

In Jamaica.

"Yeah? What's his name? Is he okay with his sexuality and does he know where he wants to live?" He looked at me and smirked. "Her name is Honey. Honey Rivera. She actually lives out here."

"So you used me?" I shrieked. Excited that he was trying something new, but also surprised. He laughed. "No. I was going to visit you while you were out here, and her. She's starting at the Times tomorrow as well, so maybe you'll see her."

I nodded and smiled. "Well, I hope this Honey is going to treat you right. You deserve it."

"Or I'm beating her ass when I have this baby!" Kate laughed, waddling in the kitchen with us. She took the pizza rolls out the fridge and placed them on the counter as we all dug in. 

"So, have you thought of any baby names?" Kendall asked Kate, rubbing her stomach. She eyed me and smiled. "If it's a boy, Cannon. The name came to me out of nowhere." She was joking, but the air suddenly got stuffy. The dream came back to me and I felt as if I stopped breathing.

"You're telling me what that dream was about sooner or later." She whispered in my ear.

I laughed it off and made myself busy for about three more hours when there was a distinct knock on the door. I gasped and almost knocked Kate down to get to the door.

Seeing him would put this silly dream to rest for sure. I pulled back the door and smiled when I saw Chris and Royalty, but frowned when I saw Chris holding the daisies Joey had brought by earlier.

"Hey, baby." I said, trying to pretend as I wasn't scared.

He nodded his head at me and walked in, not speaking twice. I heard him behind me making small talk with Kate and Kendall.

"Hey, Mommy Luna!" Ro exclaimed. I picked her up and spun her around. "So we went from Luna, to Mommy, to Mommy Luna, huh?" She giggled and dropped to the floor. "Yes. Daddy says the name is perfect. I love it. Do you love it?"

I placed a hand on my chest. "Oh, I adore it." She smiled and walked in the condo. "It's pretty in here. But empty." I couldn't help but laugh.

"Yeah, it is. Where's Hoody? He has the decorations."

She pointed outside and walked over to Chris, who still hadn't said two words to me. He still had the flowers clutched in his palm. Being the bigger person, I walked over to him and tapped his shoulder.

Was the dream true? Or was Chris on his period?

"Can I talk to you outside? Or in private?" He nodded and walked with me to my empty bedroom. "I love this carpet." He said. I smiled. 

"I did too."

He held the flowers up to me but I shook my head. "You should've left those on the steps like I did. I didn't want them then, I don't want them now."