When The badboy Met His Match Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Sorry its a bit short, and a bit forced, I've had writers block on this story.

By the time me and the twins had been at the Knights for a month, Jack and my mother had disappeared off the face of the earth.

When the police had gone to our old house to arrest Jack but they had only found the house empty expect for the furniture. All of their clothes and other belongings gone.

Him disappearing should've made me feel better, but it didn't.

He knew something was going on and had ran until he could "resolve" the problem, as he liked to put it.

I has seen the way he would resolve problems, and it usually ended with a "missing" person.

So no, knowing he was nowhere to be seen did not make me feel any safer.

Every time I went into town or to school, or anywhere for that matter I was always looking over my shoulder for Jack. Expecting him at every corner.

Since my mom had abandon the twins and I- as the police had put it- my hearing to become the twins guardian had been moved up and I was worried beyond believe.

What if they decide not to put the twins in my custody and send them to a foster home?

My negative thoughts we're interrupted by someone knocking on my bedroom door.

"Come in." I called slipping on my shoes.

The door opened to reveal Blaze in a grey suit, his snake bits removed and his black hair combed back to show his bright blue eyes.

He looked down right sexy.

He came up behind me as I looked at my reflection in the mirror.

Blaze and I had become closer since the night he had found out about Jack trying and failing to rape me.

After that night he had become more protective of me and the twins.

When we would go to town Blaze would come with us even if I protested most of the time.

But don't get me wrong, we still pranked each other like crazy, though we had called a break for the trial this week.

Blaze gently turned me toward him pulling me into his chest.

"Stop worrying, we've got you covered." He whispered in my ear.

"But-"

"No." He said tightening his arms around me a little.

I huffed a bit, but shut up anyway leaning against his chest.

"Blaze! Chastina! Time to go!" Mr. Knight called up the stairs.

We pulled making our way downstairs.

Mrs. Knight and the twins were waiting in the kitchen while Mr. Knight stood by the door.

Mrs. Knight pulled me into a hug when I reached the end of the stairs.

"Don't worry" She whispered rubbing my back.

I whispered that I would try, before pulling back and kneeling down to hug the twins.

My eyes stung at the thought of not getting custody of them and having to say goodbye forever.

When we got to the court I had to tell the court about what happen, which was painful and a bit awkward.

They called Blaze to the stand because he had heard Jack smack me and seen him go to smack me again, and knew that my mother didn't care.

When the was done deliberating he came back to give the verdict.

"Miss.Day while I feel for you wanting to keep the twins in your custody I can not give you custody because you are living with the Knights and not on you own."

My heart broke, I heard it shatter into a million pieces.

NO,NO, NO this can't be happening.

I clinched my jaw to keep a sob in.

Blaze whispered something in my ear that I didn't hear over my distress.

The tears that I had been trying to keep in all day fell.

I'd never see the twins again, Jack might find them, the foster parents could be abusive.

All these thought flew around my mind.

The judge cleared his thought, making me looking up.

"However, the Knights will by given guardian ship of both the twins and you until you are able to support yourself, so the twins will not be going anywhere."

I stared up at the judge before turning to Blaze and Mr.Knight, wiping at my tears.

Blaze smiled down at me.

"I told you we had you covered." He said wiping a stray tear from my eye pulling me into his chest.

I sniffled into his chest, clutching at him.

The twins weren't going anywhere.

"Thank you" I whispered repeatedly, burying my head further into Blaze chest.

He only squeeze me lightly in response.