Epilogue

"And then? What happens next?"

I chuckled, my heart swelling with affection for my six-year-old grandson. "That's the end."

"The end? But you didn't even tell me if it's a happy ending or not! Is the curse lifted? Can they finally live normal lives?"

I ruffled his head full of dark hair. Instead of answering, I nudged him to the direction of the kitchen. "Go on, help your mother prepare lunch."

He pouted but trudged down the hallway obediently. As if on cue, the doorbell rang.

My daughter poked her head through the threshold of the kitchen entrance, her hands help up like a surgeon's. "Father, can you take that for me? My hands are dirty. Who would come at this hour?"

"Of course, of course." I walked as fast as my feeble legs would allow me, and mumbled to myself, "they must've arrived early."

Sure enough, two of my childhood friends were standing on my doorstep. I had invited them for an afternoon tea, not lunch, but there were probably enough rice to feed all of us.

"Seonghwa! You look lively today! How have you been?" Yunho patted my shoulder a little too hard for my liking.

"We brought some tea leaves." Jongho lifted his hand to present the bag he was holding.

"Ah, you didn't have to." I received the gift and ushered them in. "Come on in, lunch will be ready soon."

The table was already set, with steaming bowls of rice and delicious-smelling dishes waiting in the middle. I called for my daughter to bring out two more sets of chopsticks. My grandson, sitting on a chair, stopped kicking his dangling feet and cocked his head at the visitors.

"Wow, is that your grandson? When was the last time I saw him? He looks just like you!" Yunho made his way to the food.

Jongho shook his head with a smile and followed. "Thanks for having us again, Yerin." He nodded to my daughter, who was just taking off her apron, and to my son-in-law, he said, "You, too, Junghee. It's been a while."

The married couple bowed politely in return. "No worries. All I ask is that you continue to visit my dad when we're not around."

I ignored Yerin's comment and sat next to my grandson. "Go on, say hello to our guests."

"Yes, grandfather!" He looked up to Yunho and Jongho, who were sitting on the opposite end. "Hello, I am Yoon Sebin, six years old. Nice to meet you!" He even bowed his head politely, just the way I taught him.

"You raised him well, Seonghwa." Yunho smiled at the kid. "Help yourself, dig in. You must eat a lot of rice in order to grow tall!"

Sebin nodded, but before he put the spoonful of rice in his mouth, he looked up again. "But... who are you guys?"

Yunho and Jongho glanced at each other, then gave me a look. I grinned. "Sebin, these are my friends, Yunho and Jongho. I'm sure if you ask nicely, they will let you ask them questions about their past after lunch."

Sebin gave a little squeal of surprise. "Really? You're the Jongho and Yunho in grandpa's stories? I have so many questions! Please, can you stay after lunch? Please~"

My two friends laughed at the childish yet cute gesture. My daughter joined in, too. Soon, the room was filled with the kind of warmth that you can only get from those you really care about and those who care about you.

I read Jongho's expression - his eyes smiled along with his mouth, just like how they did when we were young. Except, at that moment, he looked like the luckiest person alive, and not the cursed boy whom I used to know.

-

Author's note:

And this is it! The ultimate end of "You Are (Not) a Cursed Boy"! I wonder how many of you guessed correctly about the grandson and the grandfather 😆🤪

If you read until the end, I want to thank you so much! If you are an ATINY, be sure to keep an eye out because I'm about to start posting my other story, which is a YunGi fan fiction! That one will be longer, and include more of the members.

Once again, thank you so much!

- Nerdy Giraffe