There was a nervous glint in his eyes and a moment of silence before he turns to you, "Yeah, actually there is something I need to talk to you about."

Your stomach drops to your ass and you quickly slip off of your suitcase as your nerves start to run noticeably wild as you begin to frantically speak, "Did I do something wrong? Did someone say something on social media again about —"

"Would you go on a date with me?"

It's like getting flash banged.

The fuzzy feeling starts in your heart and spreads all throughout your body as your brain slowly processes what he asked.

"Did you," You start to slowly look up at him and he is very obviously avoiding eye contact and fidgeting with his fingers (which you found quite endearing), "did you just ask me on a date?"

Shayne musters up the courage to look you in the eyes again, "Um, yeah, I, uh, did." He confirms, but does not end there.

"Actually I, um, I've liked you a little bit before this trip," He admits, which makes your heart pound and a blush spread across your face, "and we'll I just thought since we've grown so close and been through so much together, I couldn't miss my opportunity to finally tell you how much I like you and how much you really mean to me."

You can feel butterflies flap around in your stomach and your heart ache at his cute confession but more importantly you can feel the relief wash over your brain finally seeing that he likes you too.

"So before I make myself look more like a blubbering idiot, please say something." Shayne croaks with an awkward laugh and you realize you've been staring at him with a starry eyed expression the entire time he was pouring his heart out to you.

"Oh!" You squeak, now it was your turn to be nervous but before you can even continue, the blubbering idiot starts to blubber again.

"It's completely okay if you don't want to say yes, I know it was out of the blue and all and I just don't wanna pressure you into saying anything right now like I'm perfectly fine with being just fri—"

His lips were softer than you expected.

You let your hands fall from his cheeks to slip around the back of his neck while his brain finally processes what's going on.

You're kissing him. You're kissing him and he's not kissing you back.

Before you think you're getting the wrong signal and you're about to be very embarrassed, he slides his hands around your waist and presses into you, returning your long awaited kiss.

It only lasts a few moments before you're pulling away with a burning face. You could not believe your monkey brain decided it would be the greatest idea to just kiss him out of his rambling.

"I'll take that as a yes then." Shayne breaks the silence with a cocky smirk and you scoff and push him away by his chest.

"You only got a kiss because I couldn't stand to hear you ramble about how much you love me!" You teased dramatically, snickering as you saw a blush creeping up his neck.

"At least I'm not the loser who kisses before the first date." He quips back and you punch him playfully in the arm and with a quick recovery he sneakily pulls you back to him by the waist.

"Hey! That was your freebie. Don't think you'll swoon me that easily, Mr. Topp." You tease and he grins.

"Well a wise person once told me, we always have next year." You snort and push yourself away for the final time. Grabbing your suitcase by it's handle, "Then I guess you don't have a problem carrying my suit case down, if you want to swoon me by next year."

You laugh as he let's out a loud and dramatic sigh, but takes the suitcase from you nonetheless.

Yeah, you always do have next year and you hope to spend the next and many more with him.

- - -

What the balls dude. TWO YEARS LATER AND I FINISH THE BOOK :O

I don't really have an explanation for timing, only really the explanation that I lost interest in the fandom and now it's 4am, I'm now adulting and I was feeling wild.

Sorry if this was the absolutely bottom of the barrel cliche ending, but hey! she's finished!

Thank you to all the people who still actually read this, it's unbelievable the rankings this story has gotten in it's tags. It is time for my departure. Love you guys.