Getting to Know Each Other

Start from the beginning

        "Ok. Well, there are six people in my family. There is my mom, dad, older brother Alex, and two younger twin brothers Preston and Shane."

        We continued to talk about where we lived and how long we were staying at the hospital and things like that. It was nice being able to talk to someone like him who saw things from my perspective. Although, the longer I talked to him the more I felt like there was something he was hiding. The more we talked about family, the more I felt that way and I knew that it was bugging him. Maybe it was about his dad. I didn't really know so I decided to just shrug it off.

        We started talking about more than just family. We were talking about our friends and schools. That weird feeling in my stomach came back again and I found myself blushing a little more than normal every time that he made me laugh. I think I might be beginning to grow feelings for Hector. I mean, he is really nice, funny, and pretty attractive. All of a sudden the door opened and in walked my brother Alex.

         "Hey Alex. What are you doing here?"

         "Mom and dad are talking to the doctor and it got really boring so I decided to come hang out with you guys, if you don't mind."

         "Ya, I'm fine with it. Are you good with it Hector?"

         "Of course."

         "Cool. So how are you guys? What is it all like?"

        "It is nice to be able to talk to Hector because he understands things in a way that most people wouldn't, but the process isn't fun at all."

        "Ya. She pretty much nailed it."

        I giggled a little bit and looked over to him. There was something about him that intrigued me.

       "Well, I just wanted to say that you both are getting my prayers."

       "Thanks brother."

       "Thank you...what is your name again?"

       "Alex."

       "Well, thank you Alex."

       "Of course. So what have you guys been doing in here while you were waiting?"

      "We have just been talking."

      "Ya. I hear that you two are part of a big family."

       "Sort of. Our overall family is huge but when it is just us, it is about average."

       "Well compared to my family that is huge. It is just my mom and I."

       "Hector, I thought you had a sister?"

       "Umm, I don't really want to talk about her right now. Sorry."

       "Don't be sorry. There is nothing that you need to be sorry for."

       He just gave me a warm smile in return, but I knew that it was a cover for him screaming and crying on the inside.