CHAPTER 2: Meghan

I'm not sure what made me say that to him just now but I have to admit that I really have missed him and just hearing his deep husky and sexy voice again gave me a rush of feelings all over again. 

Although, this wasn't the best way to see each other again under these terrible circumstances, I am glad he's coming to see her because a lot of the time, she had heard his aunt talk about how much she missed him. 

His aunt Gale didn't trust many people and that was mostly because of her being wealthy (one of the wealthiest in town) and didn't like every body kissing her ass or liking her for the wrong reasons. So after she heard that I was in need to make some money and of course because she knew and trusted me more than anyone really, she hired me to at first come and clean around the house. 

Then after a couple months ago, she became sick, I found out that she had been sick for a while and hadn't told anybody until then when actually, the doctor told me. 

She became weaker and more pale each day with more of her hair falling out by the clumps until she finally decided to just shave her head entirely and her appetite had become lesser by the day for the last few weeks of her life. 

It was hard not to say anything to Hudson but she made me swear and I just couldn't break that promise. 

I can still remember the other day after I had finished making her some breakfast that I had gone into her room and once I set down the tray of food onto the night stand beside her bed, I tried to wake her up but she didn't. Instantly I broke down and cried harder that I have in a very long time. 

Eventually, I pulled myself together, long enough to make me call the police who then sent over an ambulance. 

No longer did I have the one person I could talk to anymore. The only mother I had that treated me like a real mother should. 

When I say that in reference of saying she's like my mother, I mean that I do have parents, but we don't have the best of relationships with each other. 

Ever since my brother died by accidentally drowning in a lake up north a little from here where we used to go to every Summer for a week at and one day, when I was eleven, he was eight years old, I had asked my father a question, my mother was taking a nap and in the tent and my brother had somehow waddled his way down towards the water and because impatient to wait for my dad to take him, so he went while I talked with my dad. 

Since that day on, I have been reminded by the both of them in how it was my fault and couldn't help but believe than when it really was. 

My brother and I were like best friends and now, due to guilt and the fact I feel I owe my parents, I pay rent and all my bills, but in order for us to still keep the house, etc and because they both can't work, I pay them whatever I can. 

Whatever, then is left over (which is very little), I just buy food to hide my emotions. 

It's not like I'm super over weight or anything like that but I do have thick curves on me and could lose a good amount of weight but it sure isn't easy by all means. 

*****The Next morning*****

The funeral was today and all of the Cromwell's family were here. Now, all we were waiting for was Hudson to arrive so that we could begin heading over towards the service. 

I was busy talking to many of the family when out the corner of my eye, I noticed somebody come walking through the front door. 

When I turned to see who it was, it seemed as though everybody became silent and time had stopped as we saw Hudson standing in middle of room looking great as always. Though none of us has seen him in a long time and it has me rethinking him seeing me now. 

I had always imagined I'd be thinner when I saw him again because I have gotten a little bit bigger than the last time he saw me. Although he never cared about my curves-at least I don't think. 

Then I noticed him walking through the crowds of people after saying 'hi' and walking towards me and the people I was talking to. That's when I chickened out and quickly turned around and ran to the kitchen to get some water. 

After quickly filling up a glass and began gulping it down, when I finished, I took in a deep breath and let it out feeling more calm and better collected, then as soon as I turned to start heading out so we all could get ready to leave, when I bump into a hard wall that turned out to be the chest of Hudson Cromwell. 

Uh-oh! Here comes the rush of feelings and nerves again. Even after all these years and after what happened between us, he still has an affect on me. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)