Best friends

Jake x reader

"God Jake how is it that you take longer than I do to get ready?" You ask waiting for him outside the bathroom door. Jake was your best friend and roommate. The two of you met at a thrift store on a rainy Saturday afternoon, he asked for your opinion about a certain pair of pants and the two of you hit it off. The thought of a romantic relationship had crossed your mind once or twice over the years , how could it not have? But , at the end of the day you two were best as just friends.

"You literally took 5 minutes to get ready" he retorts , you hear him switch on his hair dryer.

"We're going to a movie not the Grammys"  you remind him. Jake always took forever to get ready, his appearance meant a lot to him.

"appearance is important , I like to leave a good first impression" he replies finally opening the door, you look at him for a moment taking him in. He notices your lingering gaze.
"What?" He questions.

"I have no words for this" you reply with a smile as you eye his outfit.

"it's because i'm so attractive isn't it?" He says stepping closer to you.

"i say this. and I cannot stress this enough. I find you completely repulsive." You answer gently pushing him away. He laughs loudly, he knew you were kidding. Jake was honestly a very attractive man , any woman's dream.

"What impression are you trying to leave with this ensemble anyway? 'Hi my name's Jake and I think stripped pants go with a floral pattern shirt'" you mock lovingly. Jake knits his brows and looks at himself in the mirror.

"You don't think it matches?" He asks , you look at him with confusion, was he serious? Did he really think this matched?

"No it doesn't match!" You retort with laughter.

"Stripped pants ? What are you Beetlejuice??" You add. Jake laughs and shoots you a look.

"Fuck you , I look great." He reassures himself.

"Yeah yeah yeah I'm sure the guy at the theater will love you" you reply grabbing his arm.

"Cmon we're gunna be late" you add before snatching his car keys off the counter and tossing them to him.

He opens the front door , letting you go first. You jump when you feel his hand smack your ass on your way out.

"Did you just slap my ass?!" You marvel at him. He laughs.

"No! I firmly grasped it" he protests. You laugh louder

"Did you just fucking quote spongebob??" You ask again even more incredulously. Jake smiles and gently shoves you out the door.

"Come on we're gunna be late"
———————————————————-
You had 20 minutes to get snacks and drinks from the concessions before the movie would start.

"What do you want?" He asks pulling his wallet out of his pocket. You look up at the menu

"I'll just have a soft pretzel with cheese oh and a cherry slushie" you answer, Jake nods and begins to order. He got himself a hot dog a small popcorn and a large drink.

"That'll be $35.28" the cashier announced.

"Jesus Christ $40?? Does it come with a motorcycle?" You ask rhetorically. Jake laughs and elbows you.

"Shut up, here go get our drinks I'll pay for this" he says still laughing.

You grab the two cups and head over to the drink station. You filled jakes with orange fanta, that was his favorite and then you filled yours with a bright red cherry slushee. You put lids on the drinks and turn to go back to Jake but something catches your eye, a big pink octopus stuffed animal sitting in a claw machine near the arcade. You smile and walk over to it excitedly. You were trash at claw machine games , you've never once won in your whole life .

Jake walks over to you, arms full of food and notices you looking at the stuffie , he rolls his eyes with a smile.

"You want that?" He asked setting the food down on a table next to you guys.
He pulls some change out of his back pocket and slips two quarters into the machine. His hands move to the joy stick as he expertly maneuvers the claw to center right above the octopus.

"That one?" He asks pointing to it . You answer him with a smile and a nod. He makes a few slight adjustments and then slams his hand on the big red button. The claw dropped and landed right on the octopuses head. You smile as it lifts in the air and drops into the prize slot. Jake bends over and pulls it out handing it to you with a grin.

"Thanks jakey" you chime giving him a small kiss on the cheek. He smiles and nods before picking the food up off the table.

"Alright the movie is going to start in a few minutes we should get-" he begins to say but is rudely interrupted by a man who makes a comment.

"Nice shirt fag" he spits. Jakes facial expression turns to anger and so does yours.

Fuck this guy.

"are you giving beauty tips dude? Do you own a fucking mirror?? You look like your parents are brother and sister" you retort before Jake has the chance to say anything. Jakes jaw drops as he stifles his laughter, he loved your quick wit it was one of his favorite things about you.

"You look like you eat paste and play with cat turds and I suggest you concern yourself with you brown and yellow teeth before you worry about anyone else's outfit choice , dick breath" you add again. Jake is cracking up now, you flip the guy off before Jake turns you around and pulls you along to the theater.

"What the fuck was that guys problem?" You say taking one last look back at the man.

"Who knows? Probably got bullied as a child" Jake replies tossing a piece of popcorn in his mouth as the two of you walked into the theater.

"We should sit at the top" he suggests.

"Why?" You question.

"Because you always fall asleep during the movie and you're not a quiet snorer" he says walking up to the top row of chairs.

"I do not" you argue following behind him.

"Yes you do!" He laughs

"Every time we go to a movie you fall asleep" he adds , sitting down. You plop down next to him , putting your slushee in the cup holder, Jake hands you your food.

"I don't think that's true" you say shaking your head. Jake shrugs

"I guess we'll see won't we" he replies shooting you a quick smile. You ate your food and drank your slushee , Jake offered you some popcorn but you politely declined, you were already too full. You pulled the octopus Jake won you against your body and cuddled it feeling your eyes get heavy.

Jake looks over to you a few minutes later and sees you peacefully sleeping. He smiles and shakes his head.

"Told ya" he whispers as his thumb gently strokes your hand.