Chapter 11 Pass the Thread

Adrien's  POV:

              Adrien thinks why does she push me away?  He wishes he could know for sure how to respond. He feels her relax and suddenly hears a voice behind him.

              He looks up as his father asks, "Adrien, what do we have here?"

              Adrien pulls away from Marinette and blushes. He wonders why he was such a fool to let himself kiss her or allow himself to be caught kissing her by his father.

             "Father, when did you get here?" Adrien asks. He tries to act as if nothing strange just took place.

           Gabriel's POV:

           Gabriel thinks so my son does care for Miss Dupain-Cheng as Natalie said, but what about her?  He can tell by the looks of it that Marinette appears to be angry and confused all at once. He chuckles as he awaits an answer from Adrien about the whole thing.

           "Well, Adrien?"  Gabriel asks.

             "How long have you been standing there?" Adrien asks.

               "Long enough to know you kissed her," Gabriel says with a huge grin on his face.

         Adrien's  POV:
             Adrien blushes and thinks on no, what did I just do?  

           He looks at Marinette as if she holds the answers.  He sees she looks ticked off.  

             "Marinette, I never meant ..." Adrien begins to say.

               "Just save it Agreste, and pass the thread," Marinette tells him.

            "Which th-thread?  The red, or the blue one?" Adrien asks.

                  "Oh, for goodness sake, hand me the blue one,"  Marinette blurts out.

            Adrien nods his head as he passes her the blue thread.  He thinks strange she has not said a word about the kiss.  

                 Plagg's  POV:

                   Plagg peeks his head around the corner. He wonders what the commotion is all about now. He figures Adrien must have done something by the look of horror he has in his eyes.  He can see Marinette looks annoyed and that his uncle is rather perplexed.

                 "Whoa, cousin, you must have made her steamed at you!" Plagg teases him.

                 "Not helping, Plagg, now get out of here," Adrien scowls.

                 "What is it that has everyone so out of it?"  Plagg asks with a gleam in his eyes. He thinks wait until Tikki hears about all this.

                 "Plagg, not now," Adrien says and glares at him to show he is not happy to see him.

                "Fine, I will leave for now, but you have to tell me later, cuz," Plagg states. He walks away, rolls his eyes, and laughs as he goes back to his room.

                Gabriel's  POV:

                    Gabriel waits until Plagg leaves to question Adrien any further.  He smiles as he speaks up, "Adrien, I believe you owe me an explanation."

                     "Father, there is nothing to explain," Adrien protests.