Friday Morning

I was about to leave the unit. As I close the door, I saw the letters on the table.

I have no lead on where to find her. Maybe it's in the letters. Maybe she'll meet me somewhere.

I opened the most recent letter she gave me.

"Do you really want to seep into 'me'? See me at the nearest church at the plaza, Angel."

I ran hastily to get a ride on the cab. Ralph isn't here anymore. It's probably past 9am now.

"Can you please turn increase the meter there? I'm in a bit of a rush, please. Thank you" I tapped him into his shoulders disregarding my philosophy of not engaging in any conversations. As I uncomfortably sit onto the middle of the cab between the two front seats with my hands onto the seat's shoulder to avoid me from being thrown in the front. I noticed my left hand's still holding the other letter, the crumpled one. The one I almost did die to get.

I went out of the cab paying him whatever comes out of my purse. I ran towards the church, I ran, I ran. I looked everywhere only to see a ceremony happening inside the church.

I looked for her in different parts of the church. I ran again. I ran.

I had grown tired as my sweat already fell onto my shirt as I breathe heavily. I went and looked for a seat to stay for a while, while I'm waiting for Heaven.

I looked at her letter. I swirled my fingers around the rough surface of this crumpled paper.

"It's too late"

My eyes had grown bigger, it made me look at the altar of the church out of shock and desperation that I could still catch up to whatever is happening to her this Friday.

I did look up. I hated looking up. The last time I looked up was when our house was burning, with everyone else inside while I was beside the fireman. Looking up.

Now, I had looked up. I hated looking up again. I hated the sunrise, again. I hated the colors of the church's walls, the altar, their suits and—

Her gown.

I hated it. I hate her beauty. I hate my syndrome.

I hated it.

My mouth kept on shivering as every bite was for me to stop the tears but is unsuccessful.

My nose couldn't conceal the tears as it falls down.

My eyes had grown tired as it once again continued hating--

Her eyes, as it made me fall deeper and deeper and deeper while standing meters away from me.

Her hair, as it formed the most beautiful girl I had ever seen.

Her lips, as this is the only day I've finally seen her smile—for someone else who will never be me.

My whole body started falling on its own despair as my heart keeps on thumping out of this body who was supposed to be gone a long time ago, as my stomach never ceased on keeping me awake since I saw you, as my arms couldn't bear the pain any longer. Uncalled spasms onto my chin, lips, and hands had never halted as this is the first time seeing you.

Finally seeing you.

On your most beautiful dress.

On your most awaited day.

Without me by your side.

I had put my hand onto my mouth to avoid them to hear my tacit howl out of this pain. As my hands run down through my throat all the way to my shoulders, I grasped my shoulders tight enough while my heavy breathing made my body move and rock on its own

I saw the letter on my other hand.

I decided to open it—hoping some of the answers would be here.

"To you, Devon.

Yes, Devon. I've known you for a while now. It's such a shame that you won't need that phone anymore if you bought one.

I loved the lunch of yours. I'm keeping it. I'm keeping it with me forever. Don't cook for me anymore. You won't be able to. I'm gone after Friday.

So are you, Devon. You are beautiful. How I wish—I just wished.

I don't have to seek for you all this time. I've known you ever since Sunday. That's why I'm here. We own Sanders Enterprises. I'm supposed to be here for you. Waiting for you.

I'm afraid this is the last handwriting you could keep.

You want to understand me? How I wish you're the one to understand me but it's done. I'm gone. Please, live the happy life for me, do it, for me.

I've been waiting, Devon. I've been waiting for you to take me away from this Friday. I was there—without my ring, waiting for you to be discharged but my guts didn't have the taste of fortitude at that time. I'm sorry.

I'll miss the way you run like a dog. I wish I had known why you were avoiding me. I wish I could've looked into your eyes and say how beautiful the moon is.

This is my Friday, Devon. My Friday is at the nearest church in plaza. I'm sorry. I needed one sign to cease myself from doing this, I needed you. My grandmother is at the brink of death seeing that Lander would be the only one who is capable to save her, she's the only one that's left of me, Devon. I'm sorry.

I'm sorry. Maybe not today, not at this world, not at this time. Maybe in another world, I'd love you then.

- Your Heaven"

"Heaven, would you be his lovely wedded wife---" I looked up again, again. As the paper soaked into my tears. Seeing the different tragedies breaks the same heart again.

"I do." I whispered under my breathe

"I do." She answered.

Such deceit. This isn't the heaven I asked to take me away this Friday.