You And Me

Once in the car, Giselle was able to finally breathe. While she was upset to have to leave the Isle, she was relieved that Ben was okay. Ben looked at her, trying to find the right words to say to her, "I'm really sorry that things didn't go the way you wanted them to", he said to her. She looked at him and shook her head, "I mean, all that matters is that you're safe", she told him. He shrugged, "I mean, at least I got to see the Isle. They're my people, too. Uma helped me see that", he said. She looked at him shocked, "Ben, Uma captured you", she reminded him. He sighed, "She's an angry girl with a bad plan. That's not so different from you when you came to Auradon, Elle", he said.

She looked away from him, not wanting to hear anymore. "Awkard", Dude said before Evie, Mal and Carlos stopped him. Carlos looked at the dog in his lap, "Dude, I know you can talk but that doesn't always mean you should", he scolded him. Finally, they all arrived back at the school, "I'll get these back to the gym", Lonnie told Jay as they all started walking. Jane walked up to them, "Ben, there you are! Cotillion's tonight. Come here. Look", she said to him, pulling him off to the side. She showed him the image on her tablet, "Isn't it beautiful? She's going to love it", she gushed quietly.

Ben stepped over to Giselle, "Do you want to cancel?", he asked her quietly. Jane could sense there was some tension between the couple, "Um, you know what? I can come back", she said as she started to back away. Ben shook his head, "No, no, now's fine", he told her before resting his hand on the small of Giselle's back, "Do whatever you need to do", he told her. She looked at him, blank of emotion before walking away from him. Evie and Mal walked over to her and both grabbed one of her arms, "We need to talk", Evie whispered. Giselle nodded, "Yeah", she agreed as the three of them started to walk off.

"No", Carlos said, stopping the girls in their tracks. They turned to him, "No?", Mal asked him confused. He looked at them, "You guys are always going off in a huddle, whispering your girl-talk stuff or whatever, and Jay and I are tired of it", he said. Jay shrugged, not seeming upset like. Carlos, "I'm not", he said. Carlos looked at Giselle, "We're your family, too. We've been through a lot. Together. I'm not stopping that now. Okay? Everyone sit", he said, sitting down in his spot. When none of them budged he looked up at them, "Come on", he urged them.

The four of them gave in and sat in a circle with each other, "I don't know how to start girl talk", Carlos admitted. "What up?", Jay asked, making Evie laugh a little. Giselle shrugged, "Um, well...I'm a mess. I'm such a mess", she admitted as tears filled her eyes and Mal grabbed her hand, "I mean, six months ago, I was stealing candy from babies. And now, everybody wants me to be this Lady of the Court, and I have no idea how to keep up the act", she said. Carlos looked at her, "Then don't", he suggested.

Jay rolled his eyes, "See? This was dumb", he said. Evie shook her head, "Maybe it wasn't", she said before holding Giselle's other hand and looking at everyone, "We're always going to be the kids from the Isle. I tried to forget it, I really tried, but those are our roots. And we all did what we had to do to survive, but it made us who we are. And we're never going to be like anybody else here. And that's okay", she said. Carlos nodded, "And we can't fake it", he agreed.

Giselle shrugged, "Yeah, especially without the spell book. Sorry about that by the way", she said to Mal. She smiled at her, "It's okay. I didn't need it anyway", she told her. Carlos looked at Giselle, "Elle, if Ben doesn't love the real you, then he's not the one", he promised. Mal nodded, "Just give him a chance to see it", she told her. Giselle didn't know what to say to her friends so Evie looked at her, "Mal and I will make some changed to your dress, and if you're up for it, only if you're up for it, it'll be waiting for you, okay?", she said. Giselle nodded as the girls reached over and hugged her tightly before walking away with Carlos.

Before he got up, Jay looked at Giselle, knowing he should say something to her, "Come to cotillion tonight, all right? If Ben isn't smart enough to love you and you can't stand another day, I'll drive you back tomorrow myself", he promised her before walking away, leaving the girl to think.