Huncho nodded at the name part, but mouthed, "No, no breakfast."

Mr. Hans' daughter eyed Huncho quizzically, and Huncho felt shame, that sense of dread in your stomach where you anticipate more remarks from a parent who's really disappointed. They would reprimand him for being poor, and then throw him out like a stray dog.

"Is that true?" She laid her hands on her hips.

"Ya, I have no job, my ring master can't pay for food."

Mr. Hans sighed. "I didn't know you were part of the sixth ring, I thought they all perished, I'm so sorry. I can't believe what you are doing, burning your friends properly; you're made of bones and nails you know. You are. I'm sorry. It was my fault. I shouldn't have said all of that to you; you've just lost your friends. I was getting mad. I wouldn't even say that to a soldier. I'm sorry Huncho, I'm sorry."

Huncho was holding in more tears. He sniffed as thoughts of Secor, Dawyn, and all the others neared his mind.

"You are such a tough boy. I'm so sorry" Mr. Hans said. He sniffed.

Huncho started to cry. Tears wept out.

"Can I have the job then?" Huncho said between weeps.

Mr. Hans nodded. "Of course you can, I feel so bad for you after what I've said. I've scolded you harshly for no reason, without knowing the context. I'm so sorry. Your friends, your people just died -"

"Okay, I'll come tomorrow then, I don't feel good right now." Huncho waved the old man and his daughter a goodbye, and then he turned away into the road he had trod, and then started crying, and wailing and weeping cathartically. The faces of those who died popped one by one in his mind. He cried more and more and more. And he cried.

"Wait!" It was Mr. Hans' voice. "Come back. Nadia, go get that boy."

Huncho turned, rolling a knuckle upon his red, rheumy eye. Nadia came up to him and hugged him. Her arms crashed into his body and he almost stumbled back.

"Come back Huncho. Come back."

Huncho slowly turned back, and fell into the girl's hug. She slowly pulled him back towards the cabin, back towards where he first knocked. Huncho looked past the girl's shoulder at Mr. Hans.

The man's eyes were taut. "You shouldn't have been treated the way I treated you," he said. "I didn't know, I feel so bad. I'm so sorry Huncho if I made you sad when yelling at you. I'm so sorry. I was - I was, being a soldier, I was being like a lieutenant."

Huncho shed a few more tears. "Thank you Mr. Hans for the job. Thank you." And Mr. Hans joined the hug. "Come in; let's have some turkey. "

Huncho took the fork and stabbed the juicy turkey. He was quiet, somber, morose.

"What's it like to be a snake catcher?" Nadia asked.

Huncho started munching the turkey; it was so tender, so juicy, his stomach rumbled.

Mr. Hans poured mugs of ales.

"It's alright. We catch snakes you know. The imperial people need it, so we do it right."

Mr. Hans nodded. "It's probably boring right, so I guess digging graves might be a bit more pleasant for you Huncho."

The old man sat next to Huncho and patted him on his back. Huncho still somewhat disliked the elder after what happened, but didn't complain or express that.

"Your ring master is Enzo, right?"

Huncho nodded. "Enzo is the best. I love him, he's such a good guy."