"Is the food for us?" Chinaza asked.

"I guess so. Eziaku probably dropped it off." Sister Amanda replied.

"Miss Eziaku! She's here?" Chinaza asked.

"Yes, that's the only reason you're in a room. She came to see you last night at the Orphanage." Sister Amanda explained.

"I didn't see her." Chinaza said.

"That's understandable, you were sick." Sister Amanda answered.

"Can we eat now?" Chinaza asked.

"Sure." Sister Amanda answered and stood to give him his food.

Chinaza was nearly done with his food when Sister Amanda picked up hers to eat and spat it out after taking a spoon.
She turned to look at Chinaza, wondering how he had almost finished the food.

"Why did you keep eating the food?" Sister Amanda asked.

"What do you mean?" Chinaza asked, clearly confused.

"The food is spoilt. How did you keep eating it?" Sister Amanda asked again.

"Oh! It's spoilt? I didn't know." Chinaza answered and kept eating the food.

Sister Amanda stood up and took the food away from him. She was bothered already but she didn't want to frighten the boy, he didn't even think it was a big deal. She would tell the doctor when they come for ward rounds, she hoped Eziaku came back early because she needed to return to the orphanage.
Stephanie came at past 1, Chinaza was sleeping already. He was exhausted from watching TV and playing games with the Laptop Stephanie had sent earlier through her driver.

"Good afternoon." Stephanie greeted.

"Good afternoon, Ma." Sister Amanda replied.

"You don't have to call me "Ma", my name is Stephanie." Stephanie said.

"Oh! But you said Eziaku at the home yesterday." Sister Amanda answered her, looking a bit confused.

"Yeah, it's my Igbo name. You can call me any though." Stephanie explained. "By the way, how is Chinaza doing?"

"He's better. Been playing games ever since the laptop arrived. Thank you." Sister Amanda said.

"I'm glad I could help, honestly. Has the doctor said when he would be discharged yet?" Stephanie asked.

"About that, this morning Chinaza ate a spoilt food without knowing. I mentioned it to the doctor today and he said since this is the first time it's occuring, he might have temporary Aguesia." Sister Amanda explained.

"So are they keeping him longer to watch him?" Stephanie asked.

"No, they aren't. They said we can leave this evening when you arrive. They would just give him drugs." Sister Amanda answered.

"Okay, that's good. I will just stay till it's evening then." Stephanie said.

"Actually, I was hoping you would bring him back because I have to return to the orphanage now." Sister Amanda told Stephanie.

"Okay, no problem. I will stay with him and my driver can drop you off." Stephanie offered.

"Yes, thank you. Your driver is hilarious." Sister Amanda said, smiling.

"What did he do this time?" Stephanie asked.

"Nothing serious. He made Chinaza laugh a lot." Sister Amanda replied.

"Explains why he came back late." Stephanie muttered.

"See you in the evening. Thank you once again." Sister Amanda said as she left the room.

Hunger was the reason Chinaza's sleep was brought to an abrupt end. It'd been over 5 hours since he last ate. He woke up to meet Stephanie working on a chair across the room. He decided he wouldn't tell her he was hungry, he'd wait till Sister Amanda returned but his tummy gave him away.

"I'm sorry, I forgot. I should have brought food. My driver will go and get you something to eat now, okay?" Stephanie said.

"Yes, thank you." Chinaza answered.

"Is there any specific food you want?" Stephanie asked.

"Eba and egusi soup." Chinaza answered shyly.

"Of course. He would buy just that." Stephanie said and took her phone to call Iheanyi.

After the call, Stephanie closed her laptop and decided to take a nap before Iheanyi came back.

Hey guys..
It's been 4 chapters and I've been writing really slow...
It's 3:27Pm.
What are you doing now?
I'm watching Charlie's Angels and writing my book.
Yes,I know Charlie's Angels is old but I love it,can't count how many times I've rewatched it.
Don't forget to vote and comment.
Thank you.