xxx

"Here we are." she said gently and handed Julie a steaming cup.

"Thanks. I just needed to get that out. Sestru doesn't know and if I told him, he would want the whole ship to turn back just so he could show my ex a piece of his mind." 

"Well, at least it's all in the past now. And like you said, it's a new life." 

"You're a go-"

Julie was suddenly cut off by the door opening and the heavy footfall of Egris. He turned the corner into the living room and looked between the two ladies.

"Hello, Julie. Didn't realise you were here." he smiled and took a few steps into the living room.

"I just came round to talk to Lola. How are you?"

"Good, good. Are you both excited?"

"Yeah, I've got butterflies!" Julie grinned and took a long sip of her tea. 

Lola watched how there was no sign of upset on her face anymore - like it was wiped clean. She knew it was so Egris wouldn't suspect anything and ask questions. Lola respected that.

"Oh! Can you tell Sestru to meet me at the main hall when we land? I need to tell him something." Egris asked suddenly and Julie nodded.

xxx

20 minutes till landing

"Are you alright?" Egris asked in a hushed whisper and stroked Lola's forearm for comfort. 

Everyone had gathered in the landing bay by the shuttle pods. They wouldn't be using them to land - a special pad had been built in the city of Kez just for the ship. This was simply an area for everyone to gather and chat vividly about what laid beyond them. 

"Yeah, just got some jitters." 

Egris had told her that in a way, Xyon was not too different from Earth. It was much more vibrant and luscious in greenery but the basics were the same. The atmosphere, bodies of water and animals were certainly recognisable. 

Now, in 20 minutes, she would see that for her own eyes.

"Don't be nervous. We'll get to to the main hall, sort out the accommodation, doctors etc. and before you know it, will be eating dinner in our farmhouse." He chirped and rubbed his sharp jaw.

"We're still getting that place? Not that there is anything wrong with it, I just wanted to make sure." 

"We can move if you want. There'll be other places available to buy, it's just the first home for the little one." 

Lola grinned an looked down at her stomach. In 3 or so months time, everyone could see the beginnings of their 'little one' as Egris called it.

A quick shudder drew her head back up and watch as the pods shook. 

"The ship's entering the atmosphere." He reassured and held her hand.

A minute or so later, another gyrate gripped the ship and their suitcases toppled over. Over the heads of the crowd, Lola could see the tops of Julie's dark hair and the impressive figure of Sestru.

Not as good as Egris, though. 

A series of trembles erupted as they dropped closer to the ground. The voices grew louder in excitement and all Xyon males sighed in relief. They were finally home.

One loud, resounding thud jolted everyone and Lola stumbled forward. Luckily, Egris' muscular torso was there to stop her from landing face first. She held on a little longer than needed - just to feel his abs.

They were a couple after all. 

"Here we are!" He beamed and picked up the cases, "Home sweet home."

A large panel of the wall behind the pods shifted and a seam became visible. White smoke leaked out of the gaps and another click sounded, signalling the opening of the panel. 

Lola's heartbeat picked up the pace and thumped violently against her ribs. Beyond the walls was their new home. 

She closed her eyes and counted to 10. With each passing second, calm slowly began to take control again.

"God, isn't it beautiful?" He breathed and slowly pulled Lola forward.