Meeting the Parents Gone Wrong

Start from the beginning

"I want you to meet my parents."

But after what comes out of his mouth, I would much rather take some embarrassment. I gape at him as if he's lost his mind.

"I absolutely adore your mom, but the last time I meant your dad he automatically got on my hit list."

"My mom kind of found out about us and she's dying to meet you, but my sperm donor could care less, my mom is just forcing him. It'll just be the three of us because Payton will be at a sleepover with her friend."

"How is this even a present? This is absolute torture!"

"Please Ari," he pleads verbally as well as with his eyes as they turn a stormy green.

I try not to budge because I really don't want to be anywhere near the man (if he can even call himself that) that hurts his own son, the son who I love and care about a lot. Zack and I haven't talked about what happened that day, it's like there's an unspoken rule that we just don't discuss it, but if there's one thing I know: I can't be held liable for any damage I do to that son-of-bitch. Anyone who hurts their child, physically or emotionally, is automatically disliked by me.

But then I can't say no to those green eyes that are still pleading with me to say yes, no matter how much I try.

That's how I end up dressed in a beautiful dress, that my mom lent me, in Zack's arms as he guided me to the dining room. Apparently rich people have different spoons or whatever to eat with and Zack had to teach me over at my house before we came here. A half hour of kissing, pleading, and a signed contract that he owed me big time for this were enough to finally get me to accept my fate. The things I do for this boy...

I was going to meet my boyfriend's parents and if that didn't scare me shitless it was the fact that as I sat down at the dining table Zack's father was looking at me with extreme distaste. I wanted nothing more than to jump across the table and claw at his face, but I managed to restrain myself.

Zack pulled out my chair for me and we didn't even sit for a second before the charming (note the sarcasm) Mr. Kingston opened his mouth, "That's your girlfriend."

As if I wasn't even there. I gritted my teeth along with Zack as we both turned to look at him with nothing but anger.

"Yes, this is my girlfriend."

"Of course he would date another maid, why am I even surprised?"

Another?

"Zack, honey, are you sure this is a good idea?"

What happened to her actually liking me?

As if she sees the disbelief on my face, "It's nothing personal dear, but this is my son and the past maids he has dated have only been after him for his money."

"Mom, she's not like that I've told you already."

"Honey I'm just watching out-"

"-for me, I know. But Ari isn't like that. It's a struggle to even let me pay for her things most of the time. She's independent, she doesn't rely on me at all. Unlike you daddy dearest, she doesn't rely on someone else all their life for money," he finishes with a smirk aimed at the elder Kingston who's sitting menacingly with a vein throbbing on the side of his head at the end of the table.

I'm sitting there trying really hard to stop the laughter that's threatening to spill at the sight of his vein, but it's becoming increasingly hard. I feel Zack's hand on my thigh which instantly makes me forget about laughing and makes me blush, to which I clear my throat to tell him to stop. But of course he doesn't listen.