Meeting.

Sam's P.O.V

I met him a while back. At band camp. The pretty brunette boy who shied away from contact and never looked anyone in the eyes. He was sat on a fence near the back of camp, alone, just sitting there. His head down, fringe covering his eyes. He looked sad. I didn't want him to be sad. I cautiously walked over, making sure he was aware of my presence so I wouldn't scare him. He raised his head to look at me. His face was pale, lips drawn in a straight line and his eyes. God his eyes. They were beautiful. But still, he wouldn't look directly at me. The worst part was the bruises. Blues and purples flowered over his eye and cheekbone. "Hey," I said, "I'm Sam." I pushed myself up so I was sat beside him, not to close, but close enough that he knew I was there. "I'm Colby."He said softly, his voice sounded thick and used like he'd been crying.

"How did you get those bruises?" I asked slowly,"If you don't wanna say, that's fine." He shrugged.

"I'm clumsy." I knew there was more to it but I didn't press any further.

"I haven't seen you before." I said.

He nodded, "I try not get noticed."

"Why?" 

"There are bad people at our school, Sam." I nodded, knowing exactly what he meant. 

"Well, I want to be your friend." I said. He looked shocked, "Actually?" I nodded, "Of course!" That was the first time I'd ever seen the pretty brunette boy smile.

Do you think I should continue this? I don't know? What do y'all think. I know it's short.

- Colby O