are we also not allowed to disturb them?❞ the lion showed dominance that the eagles had their gulps being heard.

mrs. lee told us that—

i made an appointment with mark first so don't i get the privilege to get him right there?

taeyong nudged his lover, reminding him to keep his temper. ❝jae.

donghyuck felt like wasn't supposed to take part in their conversation and since mark won't be needing him to cook lunch for him, he felt the need to excuse himself. taking a low bow all of a sudden, earning their attention, the pudu didn't even bother to look at the lion straight in the eye as he was afraid for inappropriate words to slip from his tongue again.

wait,❞ the shorter lion stopped the pudu before he goes far. ❝i'm taeyong by the way and that man right there, he's a softie i promise.❞ he giggled. ❝his name is jaehyun.

donghyuck nodded his head, not even taking time to imagine how that scary looking lion is a softie. he took a bow once more before waddling his way out of the mess that he didn't want to join.

taeyong watched the pudu walk away and heard jaehyun sigh, taking his tongue out at him like a kid.

you don't have to expose me like that.❞ he told his lover.

taeyong shrugged and clung to jaehyun. ❝he was scared.

and just when jaehyun was about to tell the guard off once more, the king finally made his way towards them and questioned their presence. jaehyun eyed the lioness he was with before looking back at mark who's bored as ever.

we're visiting your father, remember?

taeyong wanted to say something but decided not to, nodding as he let jaehyun speak.

you didn't tell me that you're going to visit your dad.❞ the lioness beside the king spoke, earning looks coming from both taeyong and jaehyun.

with brows furrowed, both of them wondered when she was given permission to speak.

she then showed a pout, ❝you shouldn't have accompanied me.❞ eun ji said, apologizing after. ❝i'm sorry for taking your time.

it's okay, you can go with them as they visit the former king.

they all turn their heads and saw mark's mother standing there with her usual bright smile on her face.

🦁

stomping his feet, donghyuck had his cheeks all puffed as he made his way to the kitchen. the whole day he was upset, he had no clue why but he just was. it's probably because he had not got to talk to him in private, apologizing to him for calling him that nickname that he didn't know that it will make him angry. but of course, there's no way donghyuck will admit that it was the main reason why he was upset the whole day.

renjun and jaemin tried talking him about it but he just can't find the right words to say without them misunderstanding.

and now he was called by his mother telling that they needed a helping hand in the kitchen since the king had a guest over. the girl was the first thing that came to donghyuck's head, making him frown whenever he thinks about it.

where were you?❞ a woman at the same age with his mother greeted him immediately as he went inside the kitchen, passing the pudu an apron.

everyone was busy. donghyuck guessed that it was because of the sudden notice that a visitor was staying for dinner. at a time like this, it usually was just him making dinner for mark.

what can i help?❞ he said, his voice getting small when no one spared a glance at him. he couldn't blame them though, they were busy at something.

he hasn't even spotted his mother yet. walking around to see if he could be of help, someone had yanked him off and gave him a tray full of glasses of water. he widened his eyes as he was nervous to bring all of them, afraid to mess up and drop all of them. he stared at the older pudu with pleading eyes in hopes that she'd give him another task to do.

but the older pudu didn't fall for his tricks. ❝the dinner is on going so i want you to carefully place these glasses down right next to their plates.❞ she instructed.

donghyuck had no choice but to nod and the next thing he knew, he was already pushed out of the kitchen.

the dining area was  already visible from his sight and he could see all eyes on him. one lion, from what donghyuck remembers was the former king, had clapped his hands in glee. it snapped him back to his senses and walked closer towards them, with his shaking hands carrying the tray.

great, i was getting thirsty.❞ the former king said with a chuckle.

placing a glass first on the former king's area, donghyuck raised his eyes and saw the lion that was together with the scary one a while ago, taeyong. taeyong gave him an innocent smile as he waved a hand at him. donghyuck was about to smile back but seeing jaehyun glaring at him made him put a note inside his head that he was there to give them their drinks and not to interact with them.

one thing was noticed by the king once donghyuck came to serve them, the pudu never gave him even just a short glance.

how is your stay here so far?❞ it was finally the mother who spoke, turning her head towards the guest that she invited.

your palace is very pretty.❞ she complimented, adjusting her spectacles as she looked shy to talk.

the former king, mark's father, laughed. ❝you need to get used to it.

after finally giving each one a glass of water, donghyuck purposely saved mark the last one as he still wasn't ready to meet him. gathering his courage, donghyuck decided to pudu up and walk over to the king that he didn't know that was waiting for him to come over.

after all,❞ the oldest lion at the table turned to look at his son, wanting to see his reaction. ❝you're going to be queen.

but donghyuck just had to fuck up and stumble at the corner of the table, the glass of water flying towards mark and having him drenched with it.

t b c