pouting, she then scratched her head. ❝i think i forgot already.

turning around, mark pointed at the guards that were waiting for them at a distance. ❝i'll have them to accommodate you.

she didn't know why mark was in a hurry to go back to his room. too bad, eun ji still wanted to have more time alone with him. ❝then, are you not going to join me for lunch?

alone and had nothing to do as of the moment, donghyuck took time to stroll down the corridors until he had stopped by the entrance of the garden when he saw unfamiliar guards standing by there. the tilted his head to the side to get a clearer view on what was going on and finally felt his mood lift up when he saw the lion he has been looking for there.

just when he was about to take a step closer, he was stopped by the eagles.

you are not allowed to disturb the king.❞ one of the eagles had found him familiar until he remembered that it was the cook he had seen inside of the king's room.

donghyuck remembered mark not eating his breakfast, he could have been hungry right now. maybe if he reasons out that he is the king's cook then they would let them meet him. ❝i'm—

you're the king's cook.❞ one of the guard spoke, earning a quick nod from donghyuck. ❝you don't have to prepare lunch for him. he already has his meal arranged with someone.

with someone? with furrowed brows, the pudu went to look once more as to where the lion was standing but what surprised him was seeing a lioness appear out of no where and giving the king a rose where she could have took from the garden.

donghyuck didn't even know why he was disappointed when he saw that. he didn't know why he chest clenched seeing mark being with someone.

i don't think mark will be having a meal with her anytime soon.

their heads snapped to the owner of the voice and donghyuck felt himself freeze upon seeing such beauty. are lions gifted with such appearance? why do they have to always look like gods? not like he finds mark gorgeous, not at all.

the pudu then noticed the eagles bowing their heads down at the lions that had just came up to them. donghyuck was lost at what to do, not knowing who they were and if he also needed to take a bow at them.

not until he earned a look from the two lions, that's when he panicked and had his head down.

the lion shorter than the order let out a chuckle at how cute the pudu was acting. ❝who might you be?

donghyuck had no idea that he was the one being asked. one of the eagles wondered why the pudu hadn't answered him yet, nudging donghyuck by the side to tell him.

o-oh,❞ he startled the two lions when he stood straight up with a panic smile. ❝i-i'm the king's m-meal!

the eagles stayed silent, one of them wishing that they could have answered for him. donghyuck clearly was panicking that he couldn't even get the right words to say.

it was just when the taller one raised a brow, finding something wrong at his introduction, that made donghyuck realize.

the cook!❞ he mentally face palmed at how crazy he looked right now.

the short one was about to say something, more or like reminding donghyuck of how cute he is, but the other lion had already beat him to it and diverted his attention from the embarrassed pudu to the eagles that are still on the way.