"You do too," he said as his eyes trailed over my body. I realized it was the first time that he had seen me in a dress. I was normally dressed in jeans. But for today, I had worn a knee length dress with a sweetheart neckline. It was yellow in color--my favorite and apparently, Noah's too. "You look gorgeous, actually," he breathed after he had strode towards me. 

He hovered me, looking breathless and I felt my smile grow so much I feared my muscles would hate me. 

I slid an arm around his neck and pulled him down. I tilted my head up and he leaned down. We met midway and I couldn't stop myself from smiling in the kiss. He tasted like watermelon and I pulled back for a quick second. 

"Are you wearing a lip balm?" 

"No," he said but his voice was hesitant, letting me know that he was indeed wearing one. 

"What flavor?" I asked even though I knew. My amusement crept into my voice and I barely kept myself from dissolving into fits of laughter. 

He groaned. "You know it, don't you?" he grumbled as he took a step back and I laughed. "What's wrong with wearing chapstick?" he asked sullenly and I tipped up to pinch his cheek. 

"Nothing. But why do you need to do it anyways?" I asked as he turned away, the whiny look clear as day over his face. 

"My lips were dry," he murmured and I chuckled. 

I thought I had not been falling but looking back, I realized that I had let go a long time ago. I hadn't known then but staring at him now, looking at the shy smile that painted his face, I realized that I never had a choice in deciding if I could have fallen in love with him or not. 

I knew it had been only a short time since I had known him but my feelings were so deep already. With the realization that I was in love with him, a great tide washed over me and suddenly, I was in the middle of the ocean of my love for him. My heart was flooded and I opened my mouth to say something--anything--but nothing came out. 

"Hey," Noah said softly, breaking the train of my thoughts. He ran his thumb over my cheek. "You okay?" 

It took me some time to find my voice so I nodded while I worked on gathering myself. "Yeah, yeah, I am okay," I breathed and before he could ask any more questions, I slipped my hand through his and began dragging him back to the house. He had only been a block away so it didn't me long to reach our house. I pushed open the door and I was hit by the heavenly smell of delicious food wafting through the air. 

As Noah and I opened our shoes and arranged them neatly in front of the shoe rack, Jay and Eve came over to us. 

"I told you she was making out with him," Jay said to Eve and I saw Eve begrudgingly hand him a twenty dollar bill. My jaw fell open. They were betting on me? Hell, they were betting?!

"I still cannot believe she's getting some," Eve muttered as she looked over at me sullenly, as if cursing me for having a boy in my life. 

"Oh my god, you guys are unbelievable," I finally said and both of them rolled their eyes at me. "Eve, do I tell mom?"

She narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms. "Go on, sis. You know I'll be right behind you to tell her that you were making out with him."