Chapter four

In a pretty blue dress, Jane sat at a restaurant in front of Jake that wore his best suite. She give him a little smile and start to eat.
"What did Gabby say?" Jake ask also eating his food.
"She was shocked, but she survived," Jane reply and look at him. "What did Luke say?"
"Well, he had the same reaction like when he was little and we told him the tooth fairy isn't real," he reply and also look at her. "Did you talk to Lauren and Harley yet?"
"Lauren called last night and asked if I went to the doctor. I said yes and the first thing she asked was if I'm pregnant. Very smart girl," Jane reply and drink her glass of apple juice.
"Janey, can I ask you something?" he ask with an odd look.
"Sure," she reply and put her knife and fork down.
"Do you think it'll be okay if I move in with you again?" he ask and sit up straight. "For the child and..."
"And?"
"And for us."
She look down then back at him.
"I won't... Show up naked on your bed again except if you want desert," he say. She just laugh and grab the clothe to wipe the corners of her mouth.
"Alright Mr Adler, but I have rules. You don't interfere with my business, you will eat what I give you and we most certainly will keep our limits. No affairs, okay?"
"Yes boss," he nod and start to eat again.

In a five month belly, Jane paced her kitchen preparing dinner. Jake come into the kitchen and give her a sweet smile.
"Kids are almost here," he say to her. She look at him and nod.
"Okay, listen I haven't told them that you stay here yet. Besides you just pulled in a month ago," she say and fix the red dress. She touch her belly and look at him.
"Yeah I haven't told them anything either," he reply and approach her slowly. He place his hands on her belly looking at the bump. "Wow, so beautiful."
"Yeah," she smile down at her belly.

"Okay mom, there's a trick I saw and I want you to try it," Luke said to his mother. Jane give him an odd look and chuckle uncomfortably. "Don't take this as mocking, okay? Can you stand up quickly?"
She nod and stand up. Jake stares madly in love at her.
"Great I need you to bend over and try touch you toes. I your tummy is too big, just bow," he say. She obeys by bending forward. "Now, spell the word 'run' for us."
"R-U-N," she spell. The girls immediately burst out laughing. "What?"
"Wait mom didn't get it," Luke laugh. "Try again."
"R-U-N?" She gasp and immediately stand up straight. "Luke! That's bad!"
"I actually almost replied to that," Jake add. Harley immediately start to caught from the choking. Lauren start to rub his back.
"Oh shut up. You are all teaming up against me now," she reply and touch her belly. "Gosh, I don't know how I'm going to cope with another boy."
"So it's a boy?" Gabby ask over excited.
"Yes," Jane smile and look at Jake.
"Our late little lamp," Jake reply rubbing his hands together. "Best thing that ever happened to me in such a long time."
"Jacob Adler, do you even remember how to change a diaper?"
"No, but you do. I am perfect with playing," he smile and take a sip of his whiskey mumbling, "and I'm not just talking about the baby."
"HA HA screw you," Jane reply and take a seat next to him.
"You already did babe," he reply and push his empty glass forward. She give him an angry glare.
"Okay my parents are acting super weird," Gabby say in a soft tone and look down then back at her parents.
"I have no idea what's going on with your dad," Jane chuckle and put her face against her hand lifting her eyebrow.
"Me neither," Jake reply and put his left hand under the table on her inner thigh. "So, how was the honeymoon?"
"It was great," Lauren smile.
"I enjoyed it," Harley nod with a smile and send his wife a wink.
Jane just smile and look down then at Jake. He give her a wink.
"Your dad decided to move in a month ago," Jane immediately told them. "It's just to be closer to the baby and if I go into labour or something then I'm not alone."
"Right," Harley reply a bit uncomfortable. "Can I use the bathroom?"