1 1 | c o n v e r s a t i o n

"Be with meand only mechoose me always because I'll always choose you

"Be with me
and only me
choose me always
because I'll always
choose you."

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ─────── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

THE PAIR WALKED HAND IN HAND, their shoulders lightly brushing against each other’s with each step. It was late in night and it seemed that even the animals of the forest were in a deep slumber. But the silence was welcoming and comfortable; there was just something peaceful about being near Caius, even if they were doing something as mundane as walking.

Still, Serenity decided to break the silence, if only to get to hear Caius’ voice again. “So, indulge me. What’s this favourite place of yours?”

Caius looked at Serenity, surprise taking over his features for a second before he tamed his expressions. After all, he had been thinking about how to start the conversation without sounding too needy, but he had never expected Serenity to be the one to speak out first. It was a pleasant surprise. “Well you’ll find out soon, we’re almost there.” He said while nudging her shoulder gently.

“There it is.” Caius spoke once again. Serenity followed the silhouette of his pointed finger and her eyes came to rest at a pile of huge rocks, a good few feet tall.

She couldn’t help but sputter out: “This is your favourite place? Rocks..?”

Caius gave her a sheepish smile before speaking. “Oh, I didn’t realise what it must have looked like to a first time visitor. But the actual scene is up the rocks.. and it’s actually a hill.”

“I’m deeply apologetic for my vocabulary, or lack thereof, your majesty.” Serenity commented on his correction of rocks to hill, while giving a dramatic bow.

“You’re something else.” Caius chuckled at her antics, the sound of his laugh sounding foreign to even his own ears. “We must climb the hill now. Are you comfortable doing that.. or I could carry you if you wish..?” The question came out unsure, because as much as Caius wanted to do nothing more than take his mate in his arms, he had to restrain himself. He couldn’t scare her away with gestures of affection so early in the relationship.

Serenity scoffed playfully at his statement. “Oh please, I bet I can reach up there faster than you.”

“It’s a race then.” Caius said, letting out a shout of protest when Serenity started running. “Hey! That’s not fair, we didn’t start yet.”

Serenity turned her head slightly and gave him a little smirk from her place on the rocks. “Well try not to fall behind too much.” And with those words she took off climbing the rocks once again.