» 7 «

| Burning forest |

"What the hell?" Kenma and you whisper at the same time while exchanging worried looks. The sound of screams and cries starts to fill your ears. However, for a few seconds, you can't hear anything else than a high pitch noise. Everything around you starts to move in slow motion, and you don't realize that Kenma is speaking to you. 

"(y/n)!" He screams into your face, which leads you to snap out of your trance. His face is as pale as snow, and his eyes show nothing but worry. Kenma starts to walk towards the smoke, and you quickly follow him. 

Your (e/c) eyes widen in shock when you start to see people whos body are painted in blood. Kenma notices a few of his gang members and waves them over. 

"What happened?" You ask before his friend could standstill. A smaller boy with strawberry blond hair and brown eyes looks perplexed into your face before answering your question. 

"A group of men started a fight with some gang member of Inarizaki. The foxes started to threaten them, and before we knew what was happening, one of the men threw a bomb towards them." 

"Guys a little help here!" Shoyo suddenly calls out while carrying a man with wounds on his shoulders. The other lads quickly run into the smoke and start to carry out more people. You feel useless, standing in the middle of the road watching supernatural creates help one another. The bag in your arms nearly lost all of its content, but you don't care at this moment. With one rash decision, you place the bag against the side of an outhouse. 

Your eyes can't see for a few seconds since the smoke is too thick. You cover your mouth with some fabric of your sleeve and proceed to walk through the smoke. The cries of help grow louder and the sound of swords hitting each other. 

"Mama!" A little boy suddenly cries from your side. 

You notice how the front wall of the building behind the crying ball starts to waver. Without thinking about your actions, you run towards the boy. The wall begins to tilt forward, and a few bricks and wood pieces fall to the ground and nearly hit the weeping boy. The sound of blocks snapping in half echos through your eyes as you jump towards the boy. You quickly pull him under your body and prepare yourself for the wall to land on top of you. 

Yet nothing happens. 

You hear the wall around you and feel the crash in your feet. However, nothing hits you or the boy. Carefully you peek a look and are shocked to see into firey forest green eyes. The familiar man towers over you and the kid. His body is blocking the sun and permits you to eye him closer. His dark brown hair stretches messily into every direction, and dust covers his black clothing. It surprises you that he hasn't broken the eye contact because last time it hasn't lasted this long. His body starts to move, and the sun hits your pupil, but before he can vanish from the scene, you reach out towards him. 

"Thank you." You gasp as the adrenaline in your veins begins to fade. The man stops and holds still. He thinks about turning around and facing you again but decides against it. There is enough attention on him already. 

"Dylan!" A female voice calls out and the boy beneath tries to move. You glance around and see how his worried mother runs towards the two of you. The boy escapes your tight grip and runs towards his mother. Tears run down their cheeks as they embrace each other. 

"You okay?" A familiar voice exclaims. You dust off the dirt from your clothes before looking into the brown eyes of one of your kidnappers. His hand reaches towards you with a small smile on his thin lips. You hesitate a moment before accepting his help and letting him pull you on your feet again. 

"Ya, alright?" He asks with concern in his voice. His forehead covers in sweat, and the blood on his cheeks indicate that he must be one of the foxes to start this whole situation. 

"(y/n)!" Emi worriedly calls out for you. Her blond hair has soaked itself with the blood of someone. Her green eyes turn into flames when she sees the blond fox next to her. Without warning, she pushes him aside and begins to inspect your face and body. 

"I'm alright." You lightly brush her worried hand of your arms as her inspection made you feel uncomfortable. The distresses woman flicks her tongue in displeasure as a second male approaches the small group. The grey hair twin glances between her green eyes and your (e/c) eyes. With a short analysis of your appearance, he gathers that you are fine. His body turns and faces the shorter miffed woman. 

"What are you doing here?" His voice is lower than the first night you have met him. The air fills with tension, and you feel as if you could use a knife to cut it. 

"Business." Emi replies bluntly not caring about the amused glimpse in the male's eyes. It is evident to you that there share some kind of relationship and by the look of their veins popping out of their neck, you gather that it is not a positive one. 

"What sort of business?" Osamu keeps nagging. The blond woman lets a deep chuckle escape her lungs before reaching deep into the front of her yukata. Osamu feels his body tense as his grey eye try not to follow her elegant hands. Sweat builds on his forehead, and he impatiently keeps staring into her entertained eyes. 

"Got hired by someone." She speaks while sticking a brownish white stick between her lips. 

"Who?" Osamu demands, and as if it is a routine of the two of them, he takes out a box of lights and enflames her stick. A soft smile caresses her lightly tanned face while taking a deep breath through the burning stick. The smell of sweet leaves files your senses. 

"Me." A stern and loud voice reverberates. All four of you are surprised to see Kita walk through the mess of wood and broken stone. His clean figure made a huge contrast to the chaos he walks between. His pale face shows no sign of emotions. 

"Kita!" Atsumu cheeses excited and runs towards the shorter male. It feels unnatural seeing the god again almost as if this whole scene, this entire town, is only in your imagination. You notice how both Emi and Osamu start to tense as the god places himself between them, forcing the tension to vanish into thin air. 

"I believe we have something to talk about." He lectures in a calm tone and glances towards you. Without another word the four start to walk away. You watch their dirty clothes fly in the wind almost feels as if you are watching true heroes. 

"Aren't you coming?"