Nagareboshi - Tanjiro

°Shooting Star°

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

She wasn't too fond of setting out for missions at 1 in the morning, but since Tanjiro was with her...she couldn't really complain.

"Ah, (Name) look!" he pointed upward rather excitedly and she followed his gaze into the night sky. She blinked, not exactly sure what she was supposed to be looking for ,"Aw, you missed it!"

She turned to the cheerful boy who smiled back at her. She could feel her heartbeat start to race as the breeze picked up a bit.

"What um...what did I miss?" His eyes lit up at her question and his smile grew even more.

"There was a shooting star! Let's see if we can find another one," he turned attention back into the endless night ,"They say if you wish upon a shooting star, it'll actually come true."

"Ehhh..," Zeal tore her eyes away from his face and couldn't stop the herself as the corners of her mouth twitched upward. His smile was always so infectious, even despite her best attempts of keeping him at a distance. It was at least a full 60 seconds before she spoke up again,"...Ne, Tanjiro? What did you wish for?"

Her question seemed to catch him of guard and his eyes fell upon her face again. He wasn't smiling. Instead he held an unreadable expression and she became fidgety under his watchful eyes.

"Well, I...," he gave a closed-eyed smile ,"I wished for your happiness!"

Her fidgeting became worse and her eyes widened. The cool night air did nothing to cool down her warm face and she turned away from him abruptly, picking up her pace.

"Ah- (Name)? Wait up!"

"I don't need a shooting star, you know..,"she kept her eyes straight ahead and her voice was barely above a whisper.

"Oh? Is that so..?" He questioned, attempting to peek at her face. She turned even further away.

"Yea. I mean..," she paused ,"I've already got you right here so..."

He stopped walking altogether, nearly tripping over his own feet in the process. Hold on...had...he heard that correctly?

"We'll never make it back if you keep stopping like that, Tanjiro."

"A-ah, right, sorry!" 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Originally written for a friend~