Fight Me (Poe Dameron X Reader)

Start from the beginning

"POE!" You screeched, after landing on the ground from yet another move he had dodged, "I need you to man up. I can do it, I need you to not be afraid of hurting me. Just. Fight. Me."

As if that's what he was waiting for, he launched into an opening offensive move, which you defended well in your determination. But he was one step ahead of you and within seconds you found yourself pinned underneath him, wrists clasped by his calloused fingers. His weight as his body against you was delicious and you had to speak to keep your head from spinning.

"Again," you grunted.

He smirked and let go, pulling you back up to your feet with him in one move of his arm. This time it was you made the offensive move, which he deflected effortlessly. You went at him again, going for some kind of kick move that he definitely didn't teach you and you suddenly felt your feet slip from under you as you found yourself beneath your gorgeous best friend once more.

"You never kick that high and open unless you're going for the face or throat," he instructed, his breath warm on your face as he panted slightly, "makes it too easy for them to grab your ankle."

You nodded, eyes wandering from eyes to his puffy pink lips that looked way too kissable. You didn't know where these thoughts were coming from. You shook your head and mumbled a low "Again," before moving to push him off you.

You sparred a few more times, each time you ended up pinned beneath his, surprisingly very firm, body.

"Again, c'mon," you said, standing across from him, knees slightly bent as you pressed your hands to them, gasping for air. It took a lot to wear Poe out, but you could tell he was almost as tired as you were.

"If I didn't know any better, princess," he said out of breath, hands on his hips with a knowing smirk, "I'd say you just like me pinning you down repeatedly."

You were gearing up to go again, when his words brought you to a screeching halt. Your eyes widened and you just stood there, trying to forbid the pink heat from rising to your cheeks as you struggled to find a response.

"Nuh-uh!" Oh yeah, real convincing.

"No way!" His face moved from smug to incredulous, "You totally do!"

"Do not!" You argued, crossing your arms over you chest, looking more embarrassed that mad.

Before you could register it he had you on your back, flat on the training mat. His arms were placed on either side of your head, next to wear your hair was splayed out beneath you, and his knees came on either side of your hips, caging you in.

You breath quickened both from the current position and the fact that the force of his move left you slightly winded, "Poe, what are you doing?"

"Admit it," he said, although it came out as more of a plead than a demand.

"Admit what?" You bit the inside of your cheek, watching him watch you.

"Oh, c'mon," he swiped a stray hair out of your face, fingers ghosting the skin of your forehead, "I know you've felt it too."

"What?" You breathed out. You knew exactly what, but the prospect of him seeing you as anything more than a friend both thrilled and terrified you.

"The tension between us," he grinned, dipping down to your neck and whispering "I think we both know the 'fight' in 'fight me' is girl code for another word."

You gulped, "Poe, you know we-"

His lips on your pulse made your mind completely space out. He worked up and down until he found the spot that had you mewling "Oh stars!" He expertly increased the pressure there, leaving a small mark.

You nudged him in the center of his chest until he leaned up, no matter how much you definitely did not want him to stop.

"You know this could ruin everything," you said quietly, not wanting to break the spell of the moment.

"And where would the fun be if it couldn't?" He responded cheekily.

"You really are a charmer," you rolled your eyes, "It's just, if we're gonna do this, me and you, I want to do it properly. I don't want to get hurt."

"Hey, I would never hurt you," he mimicked your words from earlier, causing you to smile, "And besides, this is what I want. I want you."

"Are you sure?" You bit your lip.

"Never been more sure. I just hate that it's taken me this long to make a move," he chuckled to himself.

You brought his lips to yours this time, kissing his pouty lips sweetly. He tasted warm and cozy, like cedar wood and cinnamon. Probably from those stupid little cinnamon candies you knew he was addicted to. You could get used to that for sure.

Eventually you pulled away, "Poe?"

"Yes, princess?" He replied, tracing a hand up your side.

You looked over his face, memorizing every feature with a playful smile.

"Fight me."

Ugh, I'm a hoe for Poe. Yes, I'm aware that rhymes . Hope you enjoyed it! And let me know if y'all like the Star Wars content!

B🌸