Chapter 6 - The Adventures of Alex and Vincent

Chapter 6 - The adventures of Alex and Vincent

            So I told him. I told him everything. From the day I realized I was in love with Scott to the fight we had today. At first it felt weird spilling my heart out to a stranger, but when I looked up and saw the empathy in his eyes, all discrepancies were erased. However, I still couldn't meet his eyes. When he looked at me, it felt like he was looking into my soul; trying to figure me out.

            "And that's why I'm sitting here telling you this..." I finished with a sigh.

            "Wow," he stated. "I'm sorry you had your heart broken. If you need a shoulder to lean on -" and without warning I leaned over and hugged him. Stifling a sob, I murmured a thank you. I felt him reach over and hug me back, patting my shoulder in comfort.

            "Well, shouldn't you be getting back to school?" he asked, pulling away. I immediately felt cold without his presence. Wait, what? Why did I feel cold without his touch? His muscular arms pulling me against him, letting me know everything was going to be alright, and - WHAT? Snap out of it, Alex!

            "Huh? No way! I am not going back to school!" I exclaimed.

            "Why not? Too scared to face Scott?" he teased.

            "Hey!" I said, slapping him. "Don't make that kind of joke!"

            "Well, what do you want to do then?" he said, still laughing from my fail attempt to hit him.

            "How bout we go on a ridiculous spree doing things that couples do in rom-coms!?" I tried.

            "Are you implying something?" he asked wryly. I turned away, blushing, realizing I had said the words 'couple' and 'romantic' (well part of romantic) in the same sentence. To Vincent. Oh dreadful pickle lord up in heaven...or should that be hell? You know since he's dreadful -

            "Alex? Uh, don't tell me you're going to pass out again!?" Vincent nudged me nervously.

            "Huh? Oh yeah. Okay. Are you ready to go out?" Vincent burst out laughing and I slapped a hand over my face, realizing my words.  Blushing harder than before, I spoke through my hands. "Whatever, you know what I mean," I grumbled.

            "Ice cream?" He suggested.

            "Ice cream?" I questioned him.

            "Yeah, you said go on a spree doing things couples do in rom-coms, and don't they go eat ice cream?"

            "Are you saying you watch rom-coms?" I smirked. It was his turn to smother a blush.

            "Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. I am a very sensitive guy, you know."  He stated smoothly.

            "Fine, whatever. Let's go get some ice cream. Is there a place nearby?" I asked.

            "Yeah, right down the street. We can walk."

"Alright, let's go."

A few minutes later we arrived at the ice cream place, called Brain Freeze. Catchy, I thought. On the walk down to the parlour, Vincent and I got into a heated debate about which flavour of ice cream was better; vanilla or chocolate. Of course, I vouched for chocolate, but Vincent was persistent in telling me Vanilla was righteous. I just rolled my eyes at him as we entered the shop.  A sweet old lady greeted us from behind the counter.