chapter twenty one

Jensen

     "Reese, will you look at me for a second," She looked up at me, biting her cheek, "You know that Harry and I went through the same thing, right? He asked me to go on tour and I told him I couldn't go and we got into this huge stupid fight-"

     "Yeah but Jensen you went! You had nothing holding you here other than Dad and I! I'm going to be graduating soon and I want to pursue my career! I can't just get up and leave with Niall anytime he wants!" She yelled, falling back into the couch.

     "Reese will you just shut up and listen to me for once!" I shouted back, feeling bad for being so harsh but needing her to listen, "You don't have to give up your career for Niall. You graduate in May, and you won't be teaching until August. Reese, why don't you take this summer to tour with Niall. You're not giving up your dream and he would never ask for you to do that. When does the tour start?" I noticed a look of hope in her eyes as she blinked at me a few times.

     "It's starts in April so I-"

     "So you meet up with him wherever he is after graduation," She gave me a look, shaking her head, "Just hear me out, okay. If you two really love each other, whatever you both said in that argument a few hours ago, won't matter. You leave in May and you come back in August to follow your dreams and if Niall is the one, he'll follow you back here too."

     "What if he doesn't follow me back?" She wiped her eyes, pulling her knees up to her chest.

     "Then to hell with him, Reese!" I stood up, my arms outstretched, "If any guy can't see how amazingly smart and talented you are, then he never deserved you in the first place," I took a breath, sitting back down beside her, "But I don't think Niall is going to do that to you. I see the way he looks at you and if he didn't care about you going on tour with him, he wouldn't have fought with you about it."

     "How'd you fix it, J?" Reese sat up, her red eyes begging me for the solution to all her problems.

     "I apologized for the fight and I told Harry exactly how I felt. You have to be open and honest, you have to be vulnerable." I shrugged, watching her nod as her eyes fell to the floor. She wrapped her arms around me, letting out a sigh of what I was hoping was relief.

     "Thank you, J. For everything. You're seriously the best big sister and I feel bad for everyone else who doesn't have you in their life." I laughed, patting her back before she pulled away.

     "Lord knows you've had these talks with me before, especially at odd hours of the night or morning, I guess." She gave me a smile, bumping my shoulder, "Is this a bad time to ask you to be my maid of honor?" Her eyes lit up, her smile growing.

     "I'd love to say I'm shocked but considering your options were limited, I kinda figured. I'm actually surprised you asked." I gave her a look, pretending to be offended by her comment but I wasn't. She was right after all.

     "We're doing it in the backyard, it's going to be short and simple. Then we're partying all night at the bar." I smiled at her, watching her raise her eyebrows at me, "You feeling better?"

     "Yeah, I think I'm going to get some sleep to hopefully get all my thoughts together before I see him." She picked at her sweats as she spoke, looking up at me, "Seriously, thank you. I love you more than you know."

     "I love you too, Reese. Get some sleep." We hugged once more before I left, hopping in the car. It was now 5am and I watched the sunrise on my way home, the sky a mixture of gorgeous shades of orange and pink. I sang along with the radio, so ready to jump back into bed.

     When I pulled into the driveway, I quickly realized that small shred of hope for getting more sleep was not going to happen. Niall's car sat out front and I knew they were having a similar conversation to Reese and I's. I got out of the car and walked into the house, following the voices in the kitchen.

     "I said so many things I didn't mean, Harry. I love her and I'm an idiot." Niall stated, placing his head in his hands. Harry stood, leaning back against the counter with Piper on his hip.

     "I wouldn't say you're an idiot, Niall but seeing my sister upset is not my favorite thing." All eyes were on me now, including Piper's. She squealed and held her arms out to me. I took her from Harry, kissing her cheek.

     "Jensen, I never meant to-"

     "I know you didn't and I'm not mad at you. I mean, Harry and I had a similar fight. Give her a few hours to sleep and then go back over there." I gave him a sympathetic smile before looking up at Harry who was nodding.

     "She's right, Nialler. It'll all work out, I mean just look at us." Harry places his arm around me before sticking his tongue out at Piper and making her giggle.

     "Go home and get some sleep, you look like crap." I said, earning an eye roll and a 'thanks' out of Niall, "But Harry's right, I truly think it's all going to work out." Harry kissed my temple, earning a groan out of Niall.

     "You boys say your goodbyes, I'm going to see if little miss would like to go back down for a morning nap." I tickled Piper's belly, making her giggle as she laid her head against my shoulder, "Make right with my sister Niall or I will have to hurt you." I pointed my finger at him, letting him know I meant business.

     "Whatever you say, Jensen." He laughed, rolling his eyes.

     "She's broken a guys nose twice now and slapped a model while pregnant, I wouldn't take her threats lightly there mate." Harry patted Niall's shoulder as I watched his eyes grow wide. I just shrugged, nodding.

     "My sisters broken a nose or two herself so I'd watch out there too." I gave him a sweet smile, watching him look at Harry for confirmation.

     "It's true. I was there for that one." Harry winked at me, as I made my way upstairs. I heard Harry and Niall talking about all the fights us Ames girls have gotten into as I walked Piper into her room.

     "That's right P, your mom and aunt are pretty tough. Don't worry, we'll teach you all we know." I kissed her cheeks before setting her down in her crib, "I love you, pumpkin. Get some sleep."

////////////

aww sister love and even some bro love with niall and harry (picture above is how i picture reese looking!!)