chapter sixteen

Harry

"HARRY!" Jensen's scream from upstairs startled me. I dropped my guitar, taking the stairs two at a time. I charged into the living room, looking around before my eyes landed on Jensen who had her back to me.

"J, what's wrong?" I walked over to her, seeing Piper laying there, kicking her legs out while she babbled.

"She laughed! Harry she laughed for the first time! It was so precious." I smiled at Jensen's excitement, "I'll try to get her to do it again!" I watched Jensen make funny faces at Piper, making her smile but no laugh.

"How'd you get her to do it before?" I tried making faces alongside Jensen but nothing was working.

"I was just singing and she started laughing." Jensen bit her lip after saying this, making me know she wasn't telling me the whole truth.

"And what might you have been singing to make her laugh?" She tried her best to give me an innocent smile before sighing and mumbling into her hands, "What was that?"

"I was singing a One Direction song, okay? Happy now?" I couldn't help the smirk on my lips as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Jensen Ames, have you been researching my old band?" She rolled her eyes before picking Piper up and walking out of the room. I was hot on her heels, knowing she hadn't being called out for things like this. She put Piper in her crib, both of us kissing her goodnight before continuing to ignore me as she went to the bedroom.

"Just so you know, I like the long hair but I think the short hair is sexier." Was all she said as she changed into an old jumper and a pair of my boxer shorts before walking out to the balcony.

"Is that so?" I followed her actions, stripping out of my clothes and into a pair of joggers.

"Yes and that's all I have to say about it all." She waved me off with her hand but I was quick to catch it, pulling her into me. She placed her free hand on my bare chest.

"I don't know why you're so embarrassed, love. It's not like I didn't do my research on you." Her eyes shot up to mine, narrowing.

"You did research on me? When?" She was intrigued now and I just shrugged, placing a trail of kisses down her neck.

"Well, after that night at the bar, I knew I had to get to know you so I googled RJ's. Your dads name popped up and then I found his Facebook. From there, I saw a picture of him, Reese, and you. I dug myself into a hole trying to find you. The fact that you're barely on social media made it a little difficult." She raised a brow at me, crossing her arms over her chest.

     "I like my privacy," She shrugged, "Which makes me happy that you do too. I did my research too, after the night you showed up and kissed me for the first time. I had to know just who I was dealing with and if I had any competition." She bumped my hip, winking, "But I was just looking at you at that time, not so much the band." She turned to look out at the stars, still holding my hand.

     "So what made you look up the band then?" She stayed quiet for a minute, before turning to catch my eye.

     "Honestly, I wasn't. I got on Instagram and all these posts popped up of you and I kind of dug myself into my own hole." I nodded, running my fingers through my hair.

"Did you find out anything interesting?" I asked as she gave me a sweet smile.

"Oh nothing much that I didn't already know...other than you were way hotter at nineteen." She ran for the bed as soon as she said it, knowing I wasn't just going to let that one slide.

I caught her by her ankles as she tried squirming away, earning a shriek in response. Her eyes grew wide as my hands traveled up her sides, earning an abundance of laughs and even a few snorts.

"Take it back and I'll stop." I stated, feeling myself tiring out already.

"O-okay! I take it back!" She burst out between giggles as I let her go. We both crawled beneath the sheets, exhausted. Jensen snuggled into my side, placing her head on my chest as she traced the ink along my skin with her fingers.

"I love you." She almost whispered, making me smile.

"I love you too, J." I kissed the top of her head before we both passed out for the night.

********

A constant ringing sound along with Piper's wails woke me up. I looked down at Jensen who I heard sigh, before rolling over to the other side of the bed.

"I'll take the baby, you get the door." She grumbled before getting up and walking out of the room. I got out of bed, reaching for my discarded t-shirt on the floor. Whoever was at the door was relentless, the ringing constant.

"Bloody hell, I'm coming." I mumbled, my bare feet running down the stairs. I looked through the peep hole before opening the door, seeing a woman I didn't recognize on the other side. I opened it, watching her roll her eyes.

"Well jeez, took you long enough." A woman probably in her fifties stood at my door. She had short burgundy hair and a welcoming smile. I narrowed my eyes at her, looking her up and down to try and figure out just who in the hell she was, "Well are you just going to check me out all day or are you going to let me in?" I was taken back by her words, opening the door reluctantly.

"May I ask what-"

"You must be Harry, the superstar. I've seen you and Jensen on TV and in the news. Oh it's so nice to finally meet you!" She wrapped her arms around my waist, squeezing me tightly.

"Harry, who was at the door?" I heard Jensen walking down the stairs, the woman releasing me at the sight of her. She carried Piper on her hip before looking over at the woman, a look of pure joy on her face as she charged down the stairs.

"I cannot believe you're here!" She handed me Piper before instantly wrapping her arms around the woman who hugged her just as enthusiastically.

"My sweet red rose, I cannot believe you got engaged to a famous musician and had a baby with him and didn't have the nerve to call me!" Jensen gave her small smile before apologizing.

"Uhm J, who is this?" I looked between the two of them, noticing a slight resemblance.

"Oh, Harry, this is my Aunt Fiona. Aunt Fiona, this is my fiancé, Harry." She moved in for another hug, this time taking Piper from me and walking into the living room.

"Aunt Fiona?" I looked at Jensen for answers and she just shrugged, wrapping her arm around my waist.

"My dad's sister." I looked at her strangely again to which she waved me off, "I know I never mentioned her. She lives in Colorado and I haven't seen her in years. I promise she's harmless other than she's a big hugger," She walked towards the living room, turning back to me, "You wanna learn a little more about my family? Come on."

/////////////

a new character guys ☺️☺️☺️