Chapter 8

I sat as silent as a ninja on the cushioned seat at my table while my laser-focused eyes were locked on the café's main entrance. Grabbing the menu placed in front of me, I opened it and held it up to hide my face in an attempt to conceal my presence.

All of a sudden, the small bell attached to the top corner of the café's door rang out, signaling an incoming visitor. My hand swiftly reached tip my giant sunglasses down so I could get a clearer view of the person who had just stepped into the café. Immediately recognizing the head of green hair, I cautiously looked around my surroundings to make sure if there weren't any spying eyes before holding up my hand and frantically beckoning Kayano over in my direction.

It took the green-haired girl a few seconds before she spotted me and I swore I saw her sweat-dropped for some unknown reason. My brilliant deduction skills led me to suspect that she was most likely nervous for coming to a café alone despite being invited by yours truly.

"(L/ N)-chan!" Kayano whispered-yelled at me when she finally reached the table that I was seated at. "What on earth are you wearing?!"

Setting the menu back down onto the table, I took off my sunglasses James Bond style. "I have no idea what you're talking about, my dear Kayano-chan."

I was wearing a brown trench coat, red knitted scarf, and black driving gloves which I borrowed from my mom. Aside from my glamourous black sunglasses, I had on a black fedora hat to complete my outfit. Perfectly fitted for a top-secret meeting.

Kayano sweat-dropped again and I honestly had no idea why the poor girl was so nervous for. She moved to take a sit on the empty chair opposite me at the table and continued, gesturing to my occasion-appropriate attire. "I mean, why are you dressed like a criminal who is hiding from the cops?!"

I gasped, offended down to my very core. "How dare you, Kayano-chan?! I am an elite top-secret private detective/ spy!"

"Well, you just look like someone who dresses very off-season!" the green-haired girl cried out. She then slumped back against her chair and sighed loudly. "At least take the scarf and fedora off, would you?"

I let out an angry huff before obliging. "Fine, but if anyone discovers my location, I am unfollowing you on Instagram and Tik Tok!"

It was Kayano's turn to gasp in shock. "You wouldn't!"

"Try me." I threatened.

Kayano groaned. "Fine, whatever! Now what's the emergency?"

"Right, so Kayano-chan, I have so, so, SO much to tell you about." I said. "So, brace yourself."

With furrowed brows and arms crossed over her flat chest, she gave a nod for me to continue. I sucked in a deep breath and spilled to her about everything that had happened in the past few days. From my failed date with Isogai to Karma stealing my first kiss and even to him kabedon-ing me after class a few hours ago, I told her everything.

I watched as the green-haired girl's hazel eyes turn so wide that I was certain that if someone accidentally bumped into her head at that moment, her eyeballs would pop out of their sockets. Her jaw had dropped to the floor and she had looked like a gaping goldfish for the entirety of my story-time session. It was only after a few minutes of me finishing my story and taking a sip from my cup of coffee when she finally broke from her trance.

"(L/ N)-chan... oh my god..." Kayano trailed off, her eyes still as big as Momo's.

"Oh my god indeed, Kayano-chan." I agreed, placing my cup back down onto the table.

"I can't believe..." the green-haired girl started, shock and disbelief still lingering in her voice. "I can't believe Karma-kun kissed you!"

"SHHHHHHHH!!!!" I immediately hushed the girl, holding up both my hands against her mouth in an attempt to silent her. "Are you trying to wake the dead?! Keep it down a bit, will you?!"