"Anna?" He asked, startling the woman.

Mrs. Aspen jumped to attention.

"Oh, Percy, thank God," she cried. "It was so awful, I'm so sorry."

"What happened?" Percy asked. He felt dread pull his heart to his stomach.

"She called them Death something," Mrs. Aspen explained. "They attacked us. With spells, they," she paused, choking back tears, "they killed Thomas."

"I'm so sorry," Percy said.

He didn't feel that sorry. Mr. Aspen was a bit of a prick. It still sucked that he was dead. No one deserved to die like that.

"I couldn't protect her," the woman whispered, looking like she was a lot to cry. No tears came.

"Is she going to be alright?" Percy asked. He could barely look at her. She looked closer to death than to life.

"That's what the doctors have said," Mrs. Aspen sniffed. "They said she'll have some scarring."

"And the-"

He broke off, not able to finish the sentence. It was hard to ignore the absence of Lee's large bump.

"Mr. Weasley?" A new voice asked from the doorway.

Percy turned to see a man wearing medical robes.

"Yes?"

"I'm Dr. Goldstein," he introduced. "I am the primary caretaker of Miss Aspen."

Percy didn't say anything but nodded instead. Ths healer took this as a sign to continue.

"Miss Aspen has been through a lot of physical trauma due to the attack," he explained. "The cruciatus curse induced labor, and the stabbing curse caused her to lose a lot of blood. She was on deaths door when she came in.

"She was stabilized quickly after arrival, which most likely saved her life. She went into surgery, and we did everything we could to save both of them."

Percy knew what was coming. He could feel it. Like a dark cloud over his head.

"Your son was born prematurely, at 13:53," the doctor said.

"Oh thank Merlin," Percy sighed. He had truly been expecting the worst.

"He has most likely suffered some trauma as well, from the curses, though we cannot be certain at this time," the doctor continued. "He is getting twenty-four hour care, and I believe that he will pull through. I cannot confirm any lasting damage until he is older."

Percy felt relief. They were both okay. For the most part.

"C-can I see him?" Percy asked.

"I believe Mrs. Aspen knows the way," the doctor gave the woman a kind smile.

"That I do," she smiled. She rose from the chair. "He's absolutely lovely."

Percy smiled a little.

He glanced back to the sleeping Lee.

"Don't worry about her," Dr. Goldstein reassured. "She won't wake up for a few hours, so you won't be missing anything."

Percy nodded, letting the older woman lead him through the halls. She still shook every few moments. It was barely noticable.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

The woman looked surprised, and maybe even a little confused.

"What? Of course," she said.

"They hit you too?"