Chapter 9

"Lindsay I went on a date with ross." Ashley said.
I open my eyes slowly and respond, "you did?"
"Yes I'm so sorry I didn't tell you." Ashley says.
"Yeah I guess it okay... But why didn't you tell me?" I say.
"I don't know, I just thought you were going to be really mad at me and I was scared to tell you."
"I'm your best friend ash and you shouldn't be scared to tell me anything. I'm always here for you but it upsets me that you went behind my back and went on a date with him."
"I know and I feel awful about it, I'm going to make it up to you somehow."
"Okay but just please don't do it again."
"I won't and I'm still really sorry."
"Let's just go back to bed and we can talk more about it in the morning."

I fall back asleep and wake up the next morning to the sun shining in through the window.
I grab my glasses from the night stand and look down at ashley on her phone. She better not be texting ross...
I then check my phone to see that Conner texted my again but instead in a group chat.
He told everyone that we should plan a trip to the beach sometime soon and kelly responded good idea! No one else responded yet so they're probably still asleep.
"Good morning Ashley."
"Hey Lindsey."
We both get out of bed and walk downstairs and grab some cereal and then make our way over to the couch to watch some tv. My favorite show, modern family, is on so we decide to watch that. Ashley has never seen this show before but she thinks it's hilarious.

Once we're done with breakfest there's a knock at the door. 

I walk over to the door to see who it is while Ashley is still sitting on the couch.

I look out the window and see it is Ross. My first instinct is not to open the door because I'm mad at him but then I hear him faintly saying, "what's wrong Lindsay, please open the door."

I open the door and walk out so that Ashley doesn't know he's here.

"What do you want?" I say crossing my arms.

"I know you're probably mad but I've been trying to text you all morning and you weren't responding so I just decided to come to your house."

I look at my phone and notice 9 new message, opps! 

"Sorry I didn't see your messages, but yeah I am mad. You're my best friend and you went behind my back and went on a date with my other best friend."

"I know I'm such a jerk and I'm so sorry."

"Well there's nothing you can do about it now Ross."

"I'm so sorry and now I don't know what to do, is there anything I can do to make it up to you?"
"No just please leave me alone, I need some time."

He looks down with a sad look on his face. I stand there awkwardly not knowing what to do.

"Well I'm going to go back inside."

"Okay...bye."

He walks back to his car and I walk back inside and close the door. I hear Ashley call for me asking where I went. I told her that I went to go get the mail, when I clearly didn't.

I take out my phone and text Lauren and Kelly immediately.

Lauren & Kelly: Guys Ross just came over to my house and apologized about last night...

Kelly: Well I told him to

Lindsay: What why!?!?!

Lauren: Well we were mad at him because of what he did and we told him that we saw him with her.

Lindsay: Ugh now things are going to be so awkward between us.

Kelly: I'm sure it will get better.

Lindsay: Hopefully soon, I just want things to go back to how they were.

Lauren: I know things were so much better when Ashley was gone.

Lindsay: Well she's leaving soon so hopefully it gets better.

I put my phone down and then head back over to the couch. I notice that the episode is over and we walk up to my room. 

Someone knocks on my bedroom door and Ashley's mom walks in.

"Ashley dad is in the hospital because he fell at work and now he has a broken leg. We're going to have to leave tonight to go see him."

"What dad omg!"

"Yeah so pack your things because I just booked us a flight back home."

I help Ashley pack some of her things. I feel so bad that her dad is hurt but I do feel a little relief that she's leaving so things can go back to normal with Ross and I.

A cab is here to take her to the aiport so I take one of her bags and my mom takes another one and we walk out to the car helping them put everything inside.

As soon as she leaves I walk back inside and go up to my room to text Conner.

Lindsay: You should come over so we can plan this beach trip.

Conner: Okay, I'll invite everyone else.

Shortly after I text the group to tell them to come over. 

Lauren, Kelly, Ross, and Conner come over and we start planning for the beach trip. 

We're all sitting at my table and we decide that we're hungry and should order some pizza. It will take a long time for delivery so Conner decides to go pick it up with Lauren and Kelly. I feel like they purposely set this up so that Ross and I are now alone in my kitchen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so that's the end of that chapter! I'm trying to make the chapters longer now so what do you guys think of them? A lot of drama will be happening in the next chapter so you will just have to wait and see! :)