"You shouldn't have to hide and if he can accept you the way you are then that's all the matters." 

She seemed so happy for me, that I had finally found someone I could share my thoughts with. I mean Alan tried to get on my level with the whole seeing, fighting demons but it was not the same. I was always scared maybe something I say would scare him and he would leave. Alan didn't belong in my world. 

"You'll have to invite Cal over soon. I'm disappointed you haven't told us sooner about-"

"No, mom. He doesn't want anyone to know yet. It's his secret, just let him tell you on his own." 

If they started digging into Cal's personal life I was afraid they would find something they really wouldn't like. I didn't need them to know yet. I needed more time to figure this thing out myself. Maybe our fates intertwining was no accident. Maybe he was my destiny. 

She nodded. "I still want you to invite him over for dinner again." 

I got up and threw on my jacket. "Will do."

"Where are you going?" 

"Yes where are you going sister?" Gabe slammed the door behind him, making a bigger dramatic entrance. 

I scrunched my face. "Why do you care?" 

He crossed his massive arms over his chest. He must have just come from the gym. This wasn't good. 

"Because I'm your big brother and I'm looking out for you." He fumed. "Are you going to see that boy toy of yours?"

My eyes instinctively rolled to the back of my head. "He’s not a toy and no. I'm not going to see him today." 

"There's something wrong about him." Gabe was never one to hold back his thoughts.

I don't know why, but suddenly I got offensive. "I'm sure your wife thought the same thing about you when she met you." 

He signed. "All I'm saying is be careful. He breaks your heart I tear out his arteries." 

I had no doubt about that. My brothers technically knew a thousand ways to torture and slowly kill a person. 

"I'll make you a promise. I'll break his heart before he even gets a chance with mine."

Gabe gave me his wicked smile that a proud big brother would give his little sister. 

"I'm going to see grandma. It's been awhile." I whispered before leaving.

My grandmother passed away a few years ago. I missed her wise words. She used to help me so much in every predicament I found myself in. Lately I found myself missing her more than usual. Maybe it was because I felt like if she was still alive I could have possibly told her the truth about Cal. She would know what to do. 

I stopped by the nearest grocery store and got her favorite flowers, white calla lilies. It was a good thing I decided to bring my backpack otherwise carrying flowers on my motorcycle was not going to end well. As I got closer to the cemetery I saw a thick mess of fog cover the area like a horror movie. That didn't happen often. I had already witnessed too many random phenomena to get even a shiver of fear. 

The cemetery dated back centuries. It was beautiful with all its elegant gothic looking angel statutes. Every angel was different, representing many things. I loved coming here as a child, as morbid as that sounded. 

My grandmother's grave was by one of the biggest oak trees in the graveyard. It was a bit difficult navigating through the fog but good thing my reflexes were top notch. Her tomb was etched with Victorian styled words of her greatest blessings. She was a wonderful grandmother and mentor.