Chapter 8

The day after the wedding was so quiet and boring without Gabe around. He was going to be gone on his honeymoon for at least a week. I had taken the day off from work to relax and take off a load from all the wedding stress. I had to admit it was a splendid idea that is until my mother asked how my "boyfriend" enjoyed the wedding. How was I even in this predicament? I stayed cooped up in my room so I could avoid questionnaires but the buzzing of my phone pulled me from my peace.

It was Bianca. Somehow she convinced me to join her in an art class. She was normally a shy, quiet, bookworm but lately she's been getting out of her shell and trying new things. I had to give it up to her. Trying new things could be really crazy and scary but she was all for it. I obliged and meet up with her at the class. It was a typical studio room with random art pieces like paintings and sculptors scattered all over the walls. It was refreshing.

We took our seats in front of some easels that were circling around a table. The table had three different vases and beautiful flowers on display. The teacher instructed us to draw what we see. I was pretty good at art in high school but I was more than rusty. I had no time to practice.

Thirty minutes into our work Bianca started to make a funny face. It was one of those faces you make when what you're doing doesn't turn out like you want it to.

I laughed. "What's wrong?"

She scrunched her nose a bit. "My vases look like abstract shapes made my a blind person."

"Well that's the beauty of art. Even the ugliest things can be acclaimed as masterpieces. Have you seen Picasso's work?"

"Hmmm," she thought. "I guess you're right."

I was trying so hard to focus on the vases and take in every detail that when I peered over for the slighted second I notice the guy on the other side staring. I was pretty confident that he wasn't staring at the display anymore but at me. This cute artistic looking redhead was looking at me. I would categorize him as one of those nerdy yet earthy activist who expresses himself through art. He had incredible green eyes and a dimple smile that could easily break my heart. I was a sucker for dimples.

I averted my eyes quickly and continued to bask in my project. Boys were bad trouble for me. I have had enough of boys to last me a lifetime and then some. Plus I still had a hot psychopath acting as my boyfriend.

"Okay don't look now my that guy across from you is totally checking you out." Bianca murmured softly so no one could hear her.

"Really? I must have something stuck in my teeth or maybe a bat in the cave. Here," I raised my nostrils for her own personal view, "check me." There was no way I was getting involved with another guy.

Bianca rolled her eyes and I started to laugh again.

"Don't be so ridiculous. He's cute."

I shook my head. "Cute always gets me in trouble."

"Just give him a chance. Do you really want to be a spinster for the rest of your life?"

If that means I get to live, then yeah. I wouldn't mind. It seems all the guys I'm seeing lately are trying to kill me.

"You give him a chance." I knew very well she couldn't. Bianca was deeply in love with her long time boyfriend. I was sure we were going to hear wedding bells soon.

"You need to get out more, date around, be young."

She made my life sound so pathetic but honestly it's not, just my love life. That part of my life was a mess of confusion. Then right out of my worst fears and secretly my fantasies walked in Cal, my psycho pretend boyfriend. What. The. Heck. Was. He. Doing. Here. He sashayed himself through the sitting bodies and flashed me a smile. My heart kick started to ultimate speed. This guy was going to be the death of me. He came straight at me and the specks of black in his eyes were warming me he was out to play.